19. Test Subject

Thank you for greeting me!!!

Oh yeah I uploaded a canvas on webtoon! Do feel free to check it out if it's to your taste. Lols. The title: Promised Land: Red Night. I'll post the link on my profile!

Check it out! Thank you.

Enjoy reading~

After the two day training excercise with the avengers and school staffs, the classes have now resumed usual school activities.

Y/n didn't show up to most events for she's been busying herself with making inventions. The school's security turned even more advance with Tony helping her out.

Power loader was really impressed by these two father-daughter(?) Pair as they made better hi-tech equipments... sometimes Peter also came to help but he was mostly pulled by hero students for advise and pointers since among all avengers, he was the most approachable.

.

.

.

It was already afternoon and the end of class. Y/n was alone in their workplace as Power Loader and Ultron went to the hero meeting again and Mei went out for a test run in the field and her other classmates went home.

The girl was tweaking a capture device just according to Tony's suggestions especially when facing people like hulk or All might.

A knock was then heard outside the hallway. Y/n ignored it and simply attached the surface of the cuff. But the knock continued. She didn't respond still, taking out some small cube and placed it in the middle of her work.

"Uhmm... excuse me." The voice spoke beside her now.

The girl stopped as well, looking up seeing a familiar indigo hair and purple eyed sleep deprived male looking at her. Seemingly taken aback by the familiar h/c haired female.

"You're not from hero course?" He suddenly asked still in disbelief.

"What?" Y/n eyed him lazily. What's this person here for?

"Ah, I'm looking for Power Loader. I want to ask him to make me a voice alteration device." He explained.

"Give me your idea." She stretched her hand, waiting for him to hand what she asked over.

Confused, Shinso picked up a folded paper from his pocket and gave it to her. She unfolded it and slapped the paper on the scanner beside her and from the scanner, a hologram of that drawing suddenly popped out of a circular device making the boy stunned.

"A mask." The girl muttered. She extended the hologram and began to render the image into 3 dimentional. "Anything you'd like for easthetics?" Y/n asked.

Shinso who was still shocked, snapped out of his thoughts and turned to her. "I guess I'll leave that to you." He replied.

"Only voice alteration? You should probably add gas filter into it. Worse thing if you encounter poison gas along the way." Hand on her chin, Y/n began to spoke her ideas. Although this was just about the mask, it was the first time Shinso heard her talk to him this long. "Waterproof as well, make you survive probably 10 minutes underwater. Hmm... I see, this is an interesting idea. Why do you like something like this?" She asked, turning back to the male.

"My quirk only activates when a person responds to me. So I need to alter and mimic voices they're familiar with in order to have them replying." He explained.

The girl nodded. "Interesting..." she muttered, writing down the information in the images. "Can you brainwash me?" She asked.

The boy was stunned by the question. Of course he can, but why ask? He wondered. "How did you know?"