Christmas Deal

Pressing a hand against my lower stomach, I tried to breathe through the pain. My period came this morning which was apparently a huge surprise to Jacob because he was sort of freaking out about it. He tried to keep a straight face but his tone and the way he hovered told me he was worried. Cramps were the worst on my first day and there was nothing he could do about it. He was late for work, but he didn't look like he was in a hurry. I was bundled up in our comfy sheets after I took a shower to clean up and watched him with a small smile.

"You do know I'll go through this a lot." I reminded him.

"I didn't know you'd be in so much pain." He brushed his fingers through my hair, "It's not exactly something I can brush off like that."

"It's just the first two days most of the times." I wasn't as worried as Jacob was, I'm sure when my next period came he'd be a lot calmer. He just needed to get used to it, "You can get me something hot. Tea, maybe?"

"Of course." He grabbed his phone and glanced at the time, "I should head to the office after that. I'll make sure to come home early today."

Jacob's cuteness was showing. How could I not love him when he worried about something so normal like my period. It made me wonder how he behaved when he was with his previous girlfriends. Surely one of them had their period when they were together with him.

"Jake, I'll be fine. You just go about your day, okay?"

He narrowed his eyes on me, it was like he didn't trust me to know my own body. He was definitely very cute this morning.

"Mrs. Quake will be here till eight, let her know whatever you need."

He was still stressing out about me, I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Jake, I'll be fine." I repeated, "I'm actually going to do some Christmas shopping around noon."

"You think that's a good idea?" He asked me.

His tone suggested that he didn't think it was a good idea.

I gave his hand another squeeze, "I'll feel better after drinking my hot drink and maybe eat some porridge or something. I can also take my medicine, I mean I don't feel comfortable but I can go about my day. That reminds me-"

His eyes darkened, "What?" He asked suspiciously.

I knew this was kind of manipulative of me, but I felt like this was the right time for me to ask Jacob about his younger brother. There wasn't much I knew about him. I knew he was in college, actually working toward graduation and I knew that Jacob paid for it. His brother would be around twenty-two or twenty-three so there was an age gap of six or seven years. So the guy was his baby brother, someone he'd feel protective over. At least that's how Nick was with me. I wanted him around for Christmas. Considering how worried Jacob was about me at the moment I knew he'd do almost anything to please me.

So yeah, I'd manipulate him a little.

"Would you ask your brother if he wants to come over for our Christmas dinner? You can be casual about it, give him the option to join us. I just want our first Christmas together to be special."

"It will be special when we're alone together in the bedroom. Maybe you can wear some Christmas lingerie and be all cute."

I laughed, quite enjoying where this conversation was going, "You basically want me to wear sexy lingerie to seduce you on Christmas?"

"You're period is over by then, right?"

My jaw actually hurt from how much I was smiling, "Yes, it will be over by then." I grabbed his hand and pulled him down, watching him sit beside me with an annoyed look on his face, "You do that for me and I'll make sure you enjoy our first Christmas together in the bedroom."