A Good Job

It had already been a couple of days from the Company Trip, the three days seemed to have flown by in a blink. After all the events that had happened on the first day, the rest of the trip was extremely ordinary. The scheduled activities were followed without fail and everyone had collectively decided to forget or never bring up the previous occurrences.

Nevertheless, it was a fun experience and Hanbyeol hoped that, perhaps, next year, when everyone's emotions were less turbulent, it would have been even more enjoyable.

__

It was finally the long awaited day of the rescheduled presentation. The hazel haired woman prepared really hard for it; she really wanted to make her department proud. The memories of her last presentation still haunted her, it had truly been a disaster. Would she have been able to overcome her anxiety and actually perform well, this time around?

"You'll do great." Hongjoong reassured her, his eyes were fixed on the road ahead as he drove with a gentle smile plastered on his face.

"That's what everyone has been telling me... I just can't afford to let down so many people's expectations, especially Chief Park's." She sighed. "He had done so much for me. He went through all the trouble to convince the board to give me another chance after that previous- catastrophe."

Hanbyeol's gaze fell to her lap, guilt and self-doubt creeping into her. Did she really have all that potential her Chief repeatedly assured her she had? Or was he just overestimating her? What if she messed up, again?

She fiddled with her fingers as she was getting gradually more nervous.

"Well, isn't that all the more reason to do your very best?" The man beside her asked, matter-of-factly. "Chief Park has been in this field long enough to understand and point out someone's talent. His enthusiasm about your work only further proves your abilities."

The car came to a halt as the traffic light in front of it turned red. Hongjoong took this chance to turn to face the nervous girl next to him. He placed his hand on her shoulder, his eyes softening as they emanated comfort.

"Even so, you shouldn't worry about living up to any other person's expectations but yours. You are the one who worked hard for the presentation, so your only goal should be to make yourself proud. And if you do as you practised, you'll only do great. Believe in yourself."

His words were an expert breath of relief, which didn't come as a surprise to Hanbyeol. Hongjoong had always had that; solace and empathy. He had that since the very first day they had met. She had felt as if he was some kind of guardian angel to the others, silently looking out for them, all the time. And she was so very grateful for him.

Her lips curved up into a genuine smile as her unnerving thoughts faded away. She raised her head, turning to look at him.

"You're right. Thank you, Hongjoong."

__

Hongjoong had dropped her off at the main entrance to Aurora. He too would have been attending the board meeting later, but he explained how he had to be somewhere else first. He wished her a final 'good luck' before driving off.

Hanbyeol made her way into the building, the nervousness that had momentarily left her now returning, ten-folded.

She was asked by the staff to take a seat in the waiting room until they called her. She took a deep breath in a desperate attempt to calm down her nerves.

"It's going to be alright." She continuously repeated inside her head.

However, it was easier thought than done. The fact that she was all alone in that room, didn't help either. Her pessimism was getting the best of her, only the worst scenarios were starting to run through her mind. At times like this, she hated being an over-thinker.