"Well it's just a game, a school game, and I'm sure this won't be the last time we play you guys."

"Just a game? Quidditch.... just a game? You Diggory, clearly, don't understand the art behind it."

Harry finally woke up, with Lockhart leaning above him.

"Oh, no, not you." He Moaned.

"Doesn't know what he's saying." Lockhart said loudly to the anxious crowd of Gryffindors pressing around them. "Not to worry, Harry. I'm about to fix your arm."

   "No!" Harry said. "I'll keep it like this, thanks..."

   Harry tried to sit up, but the pain was terrible. They heard a familiar clicking noise nearby.

    "I don't want a photo of this, Colin." Harry said loudly.

  "Lie back, Harry." Lockhart said soothingly. "It's a simple charm I've used countless times -"

  "Why can't I just go to the hospital wing?" Harry said through clenched teeth.

   "He should, really, Professor." Wood said, who couldn't help grinning even though his Seeker was injured. "Great capture, Harry, really spectacular, your best yet, I'd say-"

     "Stand back." Lockhart said, who was rolling up his jade-green sleeves.

   "No - don't -" Harry said weakly, but Lockhart was twirling his wand and second later had directed it straight at Harry's arm.

   Harry's arm started to go limp, and then looked as if it was deflating. Everyone gasped, and Colin started clicking madly on his camera.

   "Ah," Lockhart said. "Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. But the point is, the bones are no longer broken. That's the thing to bear in mind. So, Harry, just toddle up to the hospital wing - ah, Mr. Weasley, Miss Diggory, Miss Granger, would you escort him? - and Madam Pomfrey will be able to - er - tidy you up a bit."

    They walked to the infirmary in silence. Harry was still walking slightly lopsided.

  Madam Pomfrey wasn't pleased at all. "You should have come straight to me!" She raged, holding up the sad, limp remainder of what, half an hour before, had been a working arm. "I can mend bones in a second - but growing them back -"

"You will be able to, won't you?" Harry said desperately.

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful." Madam Pomfrey said grimly, throwing Harry a pair of pajamas. "You'll have to stay the night..."

Hermione and Celeste waited outside the curtain drawn around Harry's bed while Ron helped him change into his pajamas.

"How can you stick up for Lockhart now, Hermione, eh?" Ron called through the curtain. "If Harry had wanted deboning he would have asked."

"Anyone can make a mistake." Hermione said. "And it doesn't hurt anymore, does it, Harry?"

"No." Harry said, getting into bed. "But it doesn't do anything do anything either."

Hermione, Celeste, and Madam Pomfrey came around the curtain. Madam Pomfrey was holding a large bottle of something labeled Skele-Gro.

"You're in for a rough night," she said, pouring out a steaming beaker fùk and handing it to him. "Regrowing bones is a nasty business."

Once Madam Pomfrey was done complaining about Quidditch, she left the four alone.

"We won, though," Ron said, a grin breaking across his face. "That was some catch you made. Malfoy's face... he looked ready to kill..."