Chapter 3

About a half-hour into the ride Ron and Harry started to annoy me so I told him I was going on a walk and started wandering around the train I bumped into a blond girl and she said  "Hi I'm Daphne Greengrass what's your name."

"Hi I am Jade Potter nice to meet you." we stood there talking and she brought me back to her compartment where I saw that blond boy Draco along with a bunch of other people 

"Guys this is Jade everyone introduce yourselves," Daphne said.

 "hi I am Blaise Zabini." said a boy with darker skin milk chocolate eyes and brown hair.

 "hi I'm Pansy Parkinson and this is my boyfriend Draco Malfoy." said a girl who Had a pug face and short black hair.

 "Pansy I'm not your boyfriend," said Draco.

 "I know I'm just kidding we all know I'm too pretty for you," Pansy said.

"and too lonely for him."

"shut up Blaise."

"anyways I'm Draco but you already know that we met at Diagon Alley and this guy next to me is Gregory Goyle." said Draco. "oh well hi my name is Jade Potter."

" guys move over and make some room for her," Daphne said. Pansy and Draco moved over so I could sit in between them. we sat there talking for a couple of hours before I realized the time 

"Oh I gotta go but I'll see you at the sorting," I said. I got a bunch of byes back as I left the compartment.

As I was walking towards the compartment I saw this girl she was walking out of the compartment Harry and Ron were in. I opened the compartment door and sat down.

 "where have you been." said Harry. "yeah mate you were gone for four hours," said Ron.

"oh yeah, I bumped into a girl and I hung out with her and her friends for a little while."
"oh well good, you're making friends."
"yeah as long as they're not Slytherin's," Ron said before I could comment. we pulled up to the Hogsmeade station.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" I heard a familiar voice say as we walked over to Hagrid "Hello, Harry." He said.
"Hey, Hagrid," Harry replied. Ron just looked stunned "Whoaa!"
"Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hagrid said.
We got in a boat with a random girl and the next thing I knew we were at the front doors of Hogwarts. A woman walks over to us

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." She said.
A boy runs over and grabs a toad yelling Trevor.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily," the woman said before leaving Draco walked over 

 "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts this is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." Ron snickers at his name.

 "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well, soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He extended his hand to Harry

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," Harry said. 

The woman who I learned to be McGonagall came back in and said "We're ready for you now. Follow me."
We walked through the doors and gasped at the ceiling it looked like the sky. I overheard a girl say "It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."
"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." McGonagall said.
"I have a few starts of term notices I wish to announce. In the first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Dumbledore said.
"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." McGonagall said.
The girl from earlier walks up, I overheard Ron talking to Harry "Mental that one, I'm telling you." Hermione, I guess that's her name sat on the stool with a hat on her head after a couple of minutes it yelled out "GRYFFINDOR."

"DRACO MALFOY"
the hat barely touched his head,
"SLYTHERIN"

"SUSAN BONES"

"HUFFLEPUFF"
a lot of names were called and then...
"HARRY POTTER"

"GRYFFINDOR"

And the moment we have all been waiting for.
"JADE POTTER" I went up and sat on the stool when a voice said in my head.

 "Hmmm just like your brother except darker more cunning than him hmmm plenty of courage too but where to put you I think...it better be.....SLYTHERIN.," the hat said the last part out loud. Everyone sitting at Slytherin clapped and I walked over and sat next to Daphne across from Draco. I looked over to Harry and saw he was glaring at me well this will be fun.