chapter 9

we got up for breakfast and it was quieter than normal. I was trying not to eat too much because when I go to the Dursleys I will get smaller meals and fewer meals so I want to be mentally prepared. Pansy was just picking at her food but not eating it and the rest were barely eating. I guess we all wanted to stay. I mean it's been just us since September and sure we got to see each other over yule but that was because I was staying with Pansy. it will be weird knowing that they will see each other all summer and I probably won't even get to write to them. there was a bang and I looked over to see that Ron -can I even call him that anymore I mean he seems to hate me- dropped his goblet and Harry was laughing at him oh right... I have to spend the summer with him and he has barely talked to me since the beginning of the school year. shoot.

all six of us put our trunks above our heads in the compartment and sat down as the train started going. Pansy and Blaise were on either side of me and Draco was across from me with Greg and Daphne on either side of him. Daphne was reading a book about Dragons and Greg was just sitting there while Blaise and Draco talked about Quidditch, Pansy was acting weird but I don't know why. I was getting tired so I turned to Blaise and asked "can I rest my head on your shoulder for a bit I'm really tired?"

"Sure just don't drool on me or anything." no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't sleep so I just pretended to because it would be awkward for me to ask to sleep on someone's shoulder then not sleep. everything continued like they were before so I started thinking about what was going to happen, would Harry tell the Dursleys I was sorted into the 'evil' house and make them hate me as much if not worse than him or would we go back to normal before all this Wizard stuff happened or would he continue to ignore me? I don't know but only a few hours until I find out. yay...

"someone should wake Potter she might want to go talk to male Potter before we go. "

"I'm awake Draco and I told you to call me Jade it's only fair and come on we are friends right?"

"right fine Jade, there better?"

"much, but yeah I should probably go talk to Harry I will be back" I left our compartment closing the door behind me and headed out to find Harry's compartment. when I found it I hesitated to knock, am I doing this? I guess I am. I knocked on the compartment door and opened it before getting an answer. Harry and his posse stared at me for a minute before I cleared my throat before saying "Harry can we talk?"

"sure, hey guys I'll be back in a minute." we walked out of his compartment and into an empty one.

"I don't know what I did for you to hate me and I'm sorry for whatever it is Harry I am but you had no right to push me away for a whole year. what happened to best friends for life? Harry, we are twins we're in this together and you didn't even tell me about what you and your friends were doing I had to overhear you in the library instead of you just telling me because for whatever reason you hate me now when I did nothing to you! " I ended up yelling the last part.

"I- I didn't know you felt this way, Jade. when we first entered the wizarding world the first people I met told me all of Slytherin was evil then you were sorted into it it was like the hat knew before you put it on and then you go off and make friends with Malfoy of all people. then you joined him in our first Flying lesson so I guessed that you were all dark and stuff now I mean all your friend's parents probably work for Voldemort I mean Malfoys parents did so it makes sense for the whole group would."

"that is not fair Harry. when we first met Hagrid he gave you a cake and an Owl and when we were in the leaky cauldron you know what only one person other than Quirrell realized I was there. then we meet Ron Weasley and he only wants to talk about you and your stupid scar and how you defeated a bloody dark lord when you were only a baby and oh how fascinating you are so I leave and bump into a nice girl and she brings me to her compartment and we all become friends. her friends were nice so I thought of them as my friends and for that you ignored me. then you don't even notice I wasn't in the castle for yule because you're too busy with your new friends you didn't even bother to write me or anything you probably didn't even open the present I gave you." I am so done with this. this is in no way my fault.

"I never realized how much you were excluded I'm sorry I should have realized and I did open your present I loved it and I didn't get you anything because Ron reminded me that you probably got things from your friends who are rich"

"yeah I got presents from my friends and you know what I went to an all pureblood ball and nobody not a single person other than my friend's parents knew I wasn't one of them but I wanted you to at least write to me but nope nothing"

"Jade your right, I'm sorry can we just go back to normal? please, Jade."

"okay fine" wow that felt good

"I'm going back to my compartment now bye Harry"

"bye Jade" I go back to the compartment to see everyone staring at me so I sit down and tell them everything. by the end of my story we're getting close so the boys leave so we can change then we leave so they can change. when we get out onto the platform we all say goodbye before splitting up I go meet up with Harry and we walk to the car together. this is going to be a long summer.