"Just thank you. It hasn't been an easy few days." Cho stepped closer extending her hand.

"It never is your first year. Padma and Luna seem like sweet girls though. I think you will grow to like them in the end." I took her hand and she walked with me out of our common room and towards the great hall. She eventually let go of my hand instead linking our arms. This was the first time I felt normal in this place of muggle borns, pure-bloods and half bloods. Witches and wizards. A world that I never knew existed until I got that letter. We entered the great hall just as dinner started. A group of girls were seated at the Ravenclaw table distributing food to each other. The blonde I now know to be Luna looked up as we got closer.

"Aura. I saved you food." I looked at her confused. She left our dormitory without me but still made me a plate. "You seemed so in your mind. I told Padma we should leave you alone for a while." This girl was strange. A different level of strange from the rest of the pure blood wizards. Cho giggled letting go of my arm and walking past Luna to sit with the rest of the second year girls.

"Thank you." I said taking my seat beside Luna and across from Padma. She had turned around towards the Gryffindor table talking to her sister. It's strange that I had just noticed that they weren't just twins but completely identical. Thank god they were in separate houses. I would get confused more often then I care to count. I looked across the tables trying to take notice of the mentalities that each house presented with. There must be some difference if they insisted on separating us based on the decisions of a hat.

The Hufflepuffs all had such infectious smiles on their faces. All seemed to have become friends with each other at an instant. I couldn't help but to think of the way Pansy described them. They were nothing that could bother her but she would never find herself being the friend of a Hufflepuff. I could. In fact, if given the chance, I believe that I would. There was absolutely nothing wrong with them.

The Ravenclaws were all conversing in separate groups. Almost all of us had a textbook amongst the groups and were focused on the next lesson. For me, that would be flying in the morning with the Hufflepuffs. I can't believe that there would be anything that I would need to study for flying although it terrified me. This was meant to be my home until I graduated at eighteen. I needed to find my place in this house and the castle in its entirety.

The Gryffindors looked the same in the younger years. It was the older they got that it seemed the they looked more and more self-absorbed. There was a boy with curly red hair that I already couldn't stand. He looked like he was going to tell on anyone who even took too much food. It was a complete flip to a young boy who looked like his younger brother who was piling his plate high with whatever food he could get his hand on and twins that were the loudest in the hall. He was looking at them all with disgust. A girl with a large mop of bushy brown hair was already with her nose deep into a book reciting the contents to a dark hair boy next to her. He looked like he was completely and utterly not interested in both what she was saying and her in general. I wonder how they were friends, if they were at all. I know who the dark haired boy was of course. The famous one. Harry Potter. The boy who defeated the Dark Lord as an infant. He didn't look like much to me.

I must have been staring too long because when I turned to observe the Slytherins, Draco was staring at me looking absolutely terrified and angry. I believe I have now lost my first and only Hogwarts friend. All because I couldn't stop looking at Harry Potter.

~~~~~~~

"Draco. " I scrambled behind him trying to catch up. He had spent more time with his cronies as of late. The only reason I have been able to catch up with him today was that all the first years were supposed to attend our first flying lesson. I don't know what made me want to impress him or keep him close.There was just something pulling us together. "Malfoy. Stop." I yelled making all three of them stop and turn.