"My bad. Did I take it too far with the whole cape thing?" I ask, perking my brows up while shrugging my shoulders. He growls and shoots his dark saber forward, almost stabbing me right in the face. I quickly jerk my head to the side and then spin my saber in front of me, swiping the dark saber away from my face. "Hey! I burned your cape, not your face!"

"It doesn't matter to me. You burned my reputation when you left all those years ago," he spits, swinging at me again. I duck and spin in a circle, dragging my heel along the floor and knocking my leg into the back of his. He falls onto his back and I stand back up to my feet, staring down at him with a look of disgust. 

"Your reputation was burned when you ripped a child from her home!" I snap at him, throwing my saber at him. He rolls out of the way and I hold my hand out, bringing the silver hilt back to my hand. "All the shit you and Vader put me through replays in my head over and over again and I can't control it. I'm tired of look at all the fucking burn scars that litter my skin, letting them remind me of my time in the Empire. I'm fucking tired of it."

"It's your own fault that you have all those scars," he spits at me, narrowing his eyes at me as he stumbles back up to his feet. 

I let out a harsh laugh, my eyes widening as my body almost keeled over thanks to the laughs that were shaking my chest. I keep laughing, trying to straighten my shoulders out so I could face him properly. Once I do, I whip my hand up, holding him in a tight force choke as my laughs slowly died down. I slowly stride over to him, tightening the choke with each step I took. He reaches for his throat with one hand, clenching his jaw as his eyes stayed set on mine. 

"You infuriate me, did you know that? You make me want to listen to Vader's words. You make me want to join the dark side just so I can kick your ass without anyone questioning me. Absolutely no one would question a sith lord kicking Moff Gideon's ass in front of the entire Empire," I say, creeping closer and closer to him until I'm standing right in front of him, his face hovering a few inches from mine. "But then I come to realize that that's exactly what you want to hear from me. You want me to snap. You want me to lose control and to give in to my anger. Oh, and let me tell you, I'm pretty fucking close to doing it... but not today."

He continues to stare at me, struggling to get a real breath of air in his lungs. I lift my saber and hold it close to his face, letting it burn a thin line into his cheek just as Vader had done to me on oh so many occasions. He lets out a low growl, trying to get away from the burning purple saber. 

"Not yet, at least," I mutter, watching part of his cheek turn red."

"Mae!"

I'm quickly yanked back into the dark reality that I had been stuck in, my head looking over to see Mando staring at me from afar. I seem to snap out of it and I quickly shake my head, trying to shake away the thoughts and actions that had seemed to flood my mind. I slowly draw my saber away from Gideon's face, trying to control the feeling that had just come over me.  

I'm suddenly kicked in the chest and I'm sent back through the air. And just as I slam into the ground, a loud explosion goes off and my ears start to ring as I covered my head to avoid the pieces of shrapnel that were now raining from the sky. 

Once the dust clears and the sounds of blasters shooting continue, I look around to find out what the hell had happened. My eye land on Mando, who was lying on the floor, still and unmoving. My eyes widen and I instantly pop back up to my feet, ignoring the tight feeling in my chest. As I ran over to my unconscious friend, I shot my hand out to the side and send Gideon flying through the air and away from us. 

"Mando!" I shout, feeling something deep in my chest squeeze. I slide on my knees next to his side and shake the chest plate of his armor in an attempt to wake him up. Regardless of how much I shake him, he doesn't move, nor does he make any sound. "Come on. You can't do this to me right now. I can't lose you too," I mutter, standing back up to my feet and grabbing both of his gloved hands.