|25|

"So, what exactly is this place and what in the world are we doing here?" I ask, furrowing my brows as Mando starts to pull my ship into the mysterious hangar that was looming in front of us. We've just pulled into the large hangar and I already don't like the feeling that I'm getting from the ominous structure.

I mean, we're in the middle of fucking nowhere and that's really saying something since we live in a gigantic fucking galaxy.

It's just too... eerie.

And for the size of this hunk of metal, you'd really expect for there to be way more ships coming in and way more workers bustling around, but the place was practically a ghost town. I've only spotted a few people and they already look like they could pass as perfect bounty hunters and mercenaries. 

Oh, that's definitely helping me with calming my nerves down. I just love landing my ship in a mysterious looking hangar that I know absolutely nothing about while even more mysterious-looking people hand around. 

"We're just working a quick job. Something to help a friend out and something to keep us busy for the time being," he answers, turning everything off while switching open the bay doors from the cockpit control board. He stands up and stretches his back out before looking down at me. I hadn't moved from my seat and I don't think I was going to move until he gave me a decent reason. "Come on. The money will be good for us."

He holds his hand out to me and I stare at it for a few more seconds before placing my hand in his, letting him pull me up from my seat. I drag myself a bit, making him chuckle lightly. I blush, happy to know that my apprehension of the subject had made him laugh. It was always nice hearing him laugh. 

"So, have I ever met this so-called friend of yours?" I ask, perking a curious brow at him. 

In all the time that I've known Mando, he's never introduced me to anyone new or anyone from his past life. Other than the Armorer, of course, but that introduction happened just recently, so I'm not sure if I would count it. Regardless of the meeting, I feel like she's more of a mentor than an actual friend. So the word 'friend' isn't something I take too lightly when it comes from him. 

He shakes his head at me as he picks the child up, immediately climbing down the stairs with him as if he were trying to avoid any other questions I might have for him. I let out a hard sigh and climb down the ladder after him just to see him setting the child in his usual little room that we deemed fit for him to stay in for the time being. I nudge the child's cheek with the side of my pointer finger, watching him coo back at me. I smile and send him a quick wink, patting his head lightly. 

"See you in a bit, bud," I whisper, not knowing if he could understand me or not. I could only assume that he understood what I was saying. His fingers graze over mine as I pull away from him. Mando quietly slides the door shut and then playfully nudges me towards the hangar door, making me smile back at him. We walk down the metal ramp, side by side, our arms grazing. The space hangar we had landed in seemed to get even creepier the further we walked in. 

It was uncomfortable. 

I look around a few times, spotting multiple groups of people who stared us down as we walked by. I perk a brow and take a subtle step closer to Mando, not caring if I had accidentally bumped his arm with my shoulder. 

Mando looks down at me for a moment, probably noticing how tense my shoulders were. His hand reaches up and he gently squeezes my right shoulder, making me jump. I look up at him and he gives me a simple head nod before letting his hand slip away from me. His fingertips trail down my back before his arm dropped back down to his side. 

Though I was overly tense and anxious, he seemed perfectly comfortable and relaxed. It's like this place doesn't put him on edge and that almost seemed comforting to my nerves. If he doesn't seem fazed by this place, why should I?