|11|

I've been dozing on and off for a bit, my feet kicked up on my dash and my arms crossed over my chest. Mando and I had switched seats around an hour or so ago, so I've been trying to get some decent sleep in the co-pilot seat while he piloted the ship for a while. My mind had started to slowly drift off, but the ship suddenly shook, keeping me awake and sleepy. Regardless of the sudden movement, I kept my eyes closed and my body stays still in the padded seat beneath me. 

"Stop touching things," Mando mutters, letting a sigh trail his words. He was probably just talking to the kid. I snuggle into the seat a little more, letting out a deep breath before settling comfortably. I had started to doze off again, but the ship suddenly jerks violently, making me suck in a sharp breath and drop my feet from the dash and back to the floor. 

"Alright, alright. I'm awake," I mutter, rubbing my eyes. I look over to Mando to see the child in his lap, looking comfy with a small smile while he tried to reach out towards the controls. That must've been the cause of the rough shaking. I smile and let out a small yawn as I stretched my back out. "Where are we heading to?"

"Sorgan. Looks like there's no starport, no industrial centers, and no population density. When means, it's perfect for us," Mando answers, bringing up a hologram of the planet on the nav system. I hum and yawn again as Mando looks down at the child, gently nudging him with his gloved pointer finger. "Ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat?"

"Mando!" I exclaim, gently slapping his arm. "Don't call him a womp rat, you asshole," I scold, shaking my head while scoffing. The kid giggles making me smile again. 

"Don't call me an asshole, asshole," he retorts, not looking at me. I roll my eyes, not sending him another response as he started the landing sequence, keeping the kid cradled in his arms. 

He quickly lands and I peer out of the large glass windshield of the Crest, spotting the vast amount of land covered by flushed out trees. I smile and pop up from my seat, quickly sliding down the ladder and opening the bay doors. I jump out and plant my feet on the dirt-covered ground, hearing a few twigs snap under the thick soles of my boots. I take in a deep breath of the clear air, letting the smoothness of it fill my lungs. 

It's not too hot, it's not too cold, and nothing is attacking me as I stand here.

"Finally! A planet with decent freaking weather! No lava, no ice, actual breathable air!" I exclaim, spinning around while letting out a light set of breathy laughs. I stop spinning around and quickly undo a few buttons on my shirt, letting the breeze flow through the thin cloth as I stood in the middle of the trees. "I'm already in love with this place."

Slow clapping echoes around the trees from behind me and I quickly turn around to see Mando standing there, his gloved hands roughly clapping together as he stood at the top of the ramp. I smile and shrug my shoulders, continuing to look around the lush forest.

"I don't even care that you're mocking me right now. This place is absolutely beautiful and I'm gonna take it all in," I sigh out, a content smile falling over my face. He lets out a small rough sigh, making me look back over to him again. Once my brown eyes met his figure, I see him staring down at the kid who's smiling up at him, holding his arms up. "Come on. Let's go into town and see if we can find some sort of lodging."

We quickly made our way through the forest and to the main road, following it all the way to where the main street market was. It was full of different vendors and smiling people who actually seemed to be enjoying their lives. It's peaceful and seemingly untainted by the dark reality that some parts of the galaxy had to offer. 

"We should get the kid something to eat. I'm sure he's hungry," I say, my eyes flicking over to a small tavern that a few people had been entering. Mando nods and we walk in, the child staying close to our feet as we continued to make our way to a table.