𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

I wonder what Cole would do if I told him about Chris. Would that help me? Would he even care? Probably fucking not. I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear, only to have it fall into my face. I sigh, looking back up and pushing it out of my vision. I should've never let Addy touch one fucking piece of my hair.

I glance at Cole, who has an almost invisible smile on his face, so small that I'm not even sure if it's actually there or if I'm imagining it. He stares at me for a few moments, and I swear I can see his eyes become darker for a split second before he rolls his eyes and kicks at the porch. I smile, trying to suppress a small laugh.

He sits down on the steps, and I suddenly get an idea. Fuck, I can't even think without feeling so fucking nervous, but maybe I should tell him about Chris tonight... which means, instead of going to Chris's shitty excuse of a trailer.

But what does that mean for Chris? Would he be mad? Yes. Fuck! There's no getting out of going to Chris's trailer is there? I try to keep the pressure that is rising in my chest from traveling to my throat. If the pressure makes it to my throat I'll sob all over the place, I know it.

I take a deep breath, walking over and sitting beside him. I run a hand through my short hair, the tips gliding through my fingers far too soon than I'm used to. I press my pink lips together, my teeth biting them shut. "Your hair looks nice like that." I hear from beside me, and I suddenly feel my chest flutter with happiness, and I smile softly.

Fuck it, Chris and wait another day. I'll text him and tell him tomorrow morning. I can do that, and I know fucking well that his lazy-ass isn't doing anything tomorrow morning. I'll even fucking bribe him to let me go free tonight. I can't do it tonight, I don't have the strength. I want to be with Cole. I want to tell Cole about Chris. "Can I ask you a question?" I whisper, and he lifts his eyebrows. "Can I stay at your house tonight?"

"You're really bad off with your parents, huh?" He assumes, playing with the hem of his jeans.

"It's not just that. I just don't want to go home." I say, my mind racing with confessions. I want to stay with you because Chris is a fucking asshole. Is on the top of my list. I'll tell him tonight, no need to tell him now. Not here at his family's birthday party.

◉‿◉

"Happy birthday to Jay! Happy birthday to you!!" Everyone fucking screams, and I must add, off key. Fuck, they are loud! Everyone cheers as Jay, I assume to be Cole's cousin, blows out his candles making one of his worthless wishes.

They distribute cake and I sit in my own corner, eating my small slice. I would get a fucking ship size slice if I was with my own family, but I don't want people thinking I'm a pig.

Cole sits beside me once he's done conversing with his family and eats his medium size slice. "I didn't tell my mom you're staying because she'll freak out and assume we're going to fuck or something." Cole whispers to me and I'm honestly not surprised. Of course they would think we're going to fuck. That's what teens do. What's the problem with that? Honestly, it would be a great distraction from my problems I'm having. But I don't need a distraction, I need to tell him about Chris tonight. Fucking won't magically tell him my secret.

I hum, a teasing smile taking my lips. "Isn't that what we're going to do?" I nod my head, licking frosting off my lips. His face pales, and his mouth opens.

"I- I mean-"

"I was kidding, Cole." I slap his arm, stopping him from redirecting his words. I already know... "if you want to," would be his words, and I don't think I can hear those words from him. Again, I need a friend not a horny teenager.