𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.━━━ bad dreams

Start from the beginning

"Clary, do you know where the Cup is?" Jace interrogated, while holding her shoulders in support. 

"No."

"Only fragments of her memory were accessible to us." A Silent Brother, separate from the group around Kiara, told them.

"It can't be true... what I saw." Clary trembled.

"Your memory does not lie. You must accept what has been revealed."

"I can't... I can't."

"What is it? What did you see?" Jace inquired while his eyes drifted worriedly to Kiara.

"My mother lied to me, she lied all these years about my father and Ki..." Clary said her voice gaining control. How could her mother have withdrawn such information? The girl she called her sister was...closer than they ever thought.

"What do you mean?" Jace asked her hurriedly, losing his patience, "What about your father and Kiara?"

"My father... is Valentine and Kiara... she's my cousin."

The night was chill and damp, puddles formed on the cobbled streets, capturing stars in their murky waters. The ozone smell of the last rain lingered and many kept their windows shut and curtains drawn closed, to keep out the cold. This was of course to the great misfortune of 8 year old, running for her life. 

Her breathing was haggard and she stumbled on her footing at the turns. Forgetting to think about her direction, only that she had to get as far away as she possibly could from the thing chasing her. It clawed on the granite and leapt onto  nearby terraces, steadily gaining closer to its prey. Shadow to shadow, roof to roof, the little girl dared not to look back.

Now, she was far from the busy streets of the city and more to the narrow alleyways where humans posed just as much threat to her as the creature in pursuit. The girl cried out in pain and she fell to the muddy ground. Her grey eyes were wide and fearful and she sniffled, curling up to make herself as small as possible. Her ankle throbbed and shot pain up her leg, her small hand gripped tightly onto a hammer bigger than her arm. The creature growled, its breath reeking of decayed flesh and rotting garbage. Slowing its pace, it shifted its weight like a cat waiting to pounce... and it did. 

It launched in the air. 

Bearing down.

Her reflection in its fangs.

The girl faintly heard a door open and jazz music pooling out. She screamed, hammer clattering to the ground and her hands raised above her face as if to shield herself. The dark alleyway is flooded with a brilliant, bright light. The stench of the creature disappeared, as did the creature itself. She opened her eyes to be engulfed in a silvery mist, mist pulsing with spheres of fading energy. 

Gasping she looked at her hands which were veined with silver lines and white wisps of energy curled her fingers. She caught her reflection in the puddle of water, she had fell in. Her irises were silver and her pupils were black slits, overwhelmed she wanted to cry. The sound of footsteps, made the girl stiffen. Unable to stand because of her sprained ankle, she simply raised the fallen hammer in defense. 

The silver mist diminished and the tall figure of a tall man loomed over  her, she tensed and attempted to glower at him but her façade shook. He smiled and bent down so she didn't have to look up at him. He had a kind face and warm brown eyes, his black hair was streaked with glitter and he wore eye makeup with more glitter. The stranger wore a navy blue coat trimmed with gold and shiny black boots which clicked when he walked.