「 Chapter 14 」

•••●•••

Odasaku walks along the streets where some cars lightly drove around, the soft smile was on his face as he walks along the cemented path.

Not that long, he could see the familiar small building up ahead as he carried the paper bag in his hands.

Oddly enough something doesn't feel right, but he didn't think of it, as he walks towards the small restaurant.

He then opens the door and steps inside but the sight before him made him freeze, his hold on the paper bag was long gone, letting it drop on the floor as he stares at the wreck and thrashed restaurant.

No!

He ran up towards the counter and stare wide eye to see the old man's body laid there on his own pool of blood, motionless.

"Mister!" He called out but didn't received any respond.

Odasaku's eyes held panic as he quickly dashes out and towards the stairs calling out the kid's name.

"Kosuke! Katsumi! Yu! Shinju! Sakura!"

He slams the door open to see the kids' room also thrashed and wreck, his breathing hitch as his eyes darted around until he spots a dagger stab on to the bed with a map.

"A map?"

Before Odasaku could take a good look at it, a whirring sound coming from outside caught his attention.

In less than a second, he quickly slides the window open and spots the white van from below.

Then the curtains slightly open and he spots the kids pounding on the vehicle with terrified expressions before they were pulled inside.

Odasaku gasps as his heart thump widely, he jumps down the window starting to run towards the vehicle as fast as he could.

But not fast enough...

The moment he was closing in, the vehicle blew up right in front of him which threw him back. A ringing sound was the only thing he could hear as he was on his hands and knees.

My throat felt raw 

I couldn't breathe

Somewhere in the distance, I could hear someone screaming

Eventually, I realize the reason my throat hurts

Was because I was the one screaming

Odasaku let out an agonizing scream even as his memory flashes back.

Why don't you write it then? That's the only way to keep that story as perfect as you envisioned it.

The man's word echoed in his head.

I can't...not anymore...I can't write a story anymore...

The redhead continued to scream as loud as he can as tears spilled down his eyes his body shaking as his heart throbs painfully.

•••●•••

You who had just gotten back to HQ and quickly spotted Dazai, and once he spotted he quickly came up to you, grabbing your arm pulling you along with him.

"Osamu!? Wait where are we going!?" You ask a bit startled as you look at him the two of you walking side by side now away from the HQ and down some secluded streets.

Dazai had a pained look, contemplating whether he should tell you or not but he knew you had to know. he stops in his tracks and grabs your shoulder, looking at you in your eyes.

"Listen [Y/n], it's about Odasaku" Dazai started, just hearing his name made you flinch and he could feel you were about to bolt away like before but he tightens his grip on your shoulder to stop you.

"[Y/n]" Dazai called out to you sternly as you look at him with a dreading expression.

"Don't act recklessly, listen to me alright!?" Dazai said as you grip on to his arms.

"Osamu...what happened to him?" You ask with a low voice feeling panic arise from you as you stare at your brother.

You were just with him a moment ago, everything was alright, what gone wrong? As your mind started racing for any possibility, your heart beats widely.

Dazai's heart throb painfully at your expression, he laid his forehead against you as he finally lets it out.

"Mimic...killed the orphans"

Hearing this made you froze, your mind flashing back to all of their smiles that you saw from just a few days ago.

Your body started shaking as Dazai pulled you into a hug. He knew those kids held a dear place in your heart and how much they meant to you.

Tears spilled down your face as you latch on to your brother, your shoulder shaking as the only ragged breath was heard from you.

You wanted to shout, you wanted to yell, you wanted to scream your heart out but you couldn't even find the strength to do it.

You could only latch on to your brother as you cried silently as he held you in his arms as Dazai painfully watches you breakdown.

•••●•••

「 It's official guys, I'm currently blind. I can't see my screen with all these tears on the way. 

This was so painful to write, but I know it's going to be painful to the next chapters.

Good luck to all of us guys. 」