「 Chapter 22 」

•••●•••

"Alright then let's really cut to the chase here," Sighing as you release your hold from Gin whose face was red, you turn back to face Higuchi setting a hand on your hip, as your brother elaborated.

"Something doesn't add up here, why would Ougai set aside his trusted staff for this charade?"

"It's to protect the two of you" Higuchi answered as you raise a brow at her words unamused, a frown settling on your face.

"To protect us from what exactly?" You ask sharply already getting impatient as a chill went down everyone's spine hearing your tone of voice.

Higuchi then composed herself as she looks at you and Dazai seriously and answers your question "The boss has decided to release Q from his prison"

Hearing this, you and Dazai's eyes widened at the news, what in the world is that old man trying to do to let that brat out in the open!? A scowl made its way to your face as you glare at Higuchi who flinches at your gaze but didn't back away as she merely continued to stand stiffly at her position.

Dazai who was beside you, gently settled a hand on your shoulder to calm you down. A frown was plastered on his face from what the two of you just heard as he narrows his eyes at Higuchi, spatting out his words.

"What stupidity, do you have any idea what he unleashed?! Q is a walking catastrophe, he'll doom everyone. Friend and Foe alike." 

As your brother stated this, Higuchi averted her eyes away from you and settled her eyes to your brother, as she remains unwavering at what he had just said, stating calmly "The Port Mafia achieves its ends by any means necessary"

A haggard sigh left your lips, closing your eyes and pinching the bridge of your nose trying to calm yourself down as Dazai squeezes your shoulder in hopes to help you even though he too was as upset as you are.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out, you open your eyes to stare directly at Higuchi with an unreadable expression as the place you all stood seemed to turn cold. "Do you even have any clue why that little runt was even locked up in the first place? Q has the most wretched gift of them all. That brat has the ability to controls people's mind "

"Q's curse induces hallucinations causing his enemies to attack those around him indiscriminately. The curse is activated only when Q's doll has been mutilated."

The image of the manic doll grinning flashes in your mind as you could imagine hearing its psychotic laughter as the doll rip its head open while the starry-eyed brat continued to smile innocently making you scowl and quickly disperse the thought.

"However, even when this event is triggered, only a designated receiver is affected. In order to be targeted by Q, that person has to hurt him" Dazai explains, staring at them.

"To tell who the receiver is, you can recognize by the bruise like mark on their body. It's similar to being grabbed or better yet being strangled" You elaborated it to them before pausing as Dazai too did the same as he lets out.

"You mention before that you came here to protects us..."

The two of you stared at Higuchi who remained unresponsive, you narrow your eyes at this. If they say they're here to protect you and your brother, that could only mean that...Q!!

The sudden realization hits you both, and without a second to spare the two of you turn around to run back to the station where Atsushi, Naomi, and Haruno are at.