"Honest"

warning to any Owen lovers (if they exist idk) i am painting him as a bad character in this, i don't dislike him this much it's just for the story :)

amelia and owen are at home on their day off

amelia was so tired, the tiredness was one of the things she hated about pregnancy. she was about 20 weeks pregnant now, 5 months, and it was taking its toll on her. she didn't feel like she was glowing and excited, she felt drained and like she could sleep for a week. she still didn't want to take time off work, although she knew she had to. they'd starting trying to cut down her surgeries without her noticing, but of course she noticed. she loved her surgeries.

at home all she did was lie on the sofa and watch netflix on her days off, most of the time eating a takeaway of some kind because cooking is tiring. occasionally she'd watch a movie with saffron or go out for a meal with her, but her younger sister had been out looking for a job a lot more, and exploring Seattle.

owen also happened to be at home today. they don't usually have a day off at the same time so they can avoid each other, but today it happened to be that way.

"morning" owen mumbled as he walked out of the spare room.

"good morning" amelia said with a sarcastic tone.

"what's up with you today then?" he asked, assuming he was about to be yelled at.

"i am absolutely great" she lied, adding in the sarcasm. she was mad.

"why do i feel like you aren't absolutely great?" owen asked, he was definitely about to be shouted at.

"i mean, you know, except from the fact that i got some certain test results today," she stood up, "some tests results that say i hadn't been taking my birth control, but i did have an extra high level of vitamin d. and so i started thinking, because i thought i had been taking my birth control, but maybe they were replaced with vitamins that look the same. and i wouldn't do that to myself, and saff wouldn't, leaving only you. you stopped the birth control because you knew i'd get pregnant!" amelia had been shouting without realising, her throat was now dry. she'd clearly woken the baby up, the baby who was now kicking her ribs and moving about. she got a glass of water and sat on the edge of the sofa with her hand on her bump, drinking the water. there were tears in her eyes, she didn't want them there, she blamed hormones.

she has left owen speechless, he'd been looking down until he noticed amelia looking uncomfortable and the tears in her eyes.

"you ok?" he asked quietly, trying not to make her any angrier.

she wiped her eyes, "hormones"she lied.

amelia missed the happy part of her marriage to owen, when they were glad to see each other and slept in the same bed. she missed it, but she wasn't sure she wanted it back.

owen went to saffron's room and knocked on her door. when she opened it, he spoke almost silently so amelia couldn't hear. next thing she knew owen was back in his room and saffron was there to comfort her.

"hey, what was that about?" saffron asked politely.

"he," she took a deep breath pushing down her emotions, "he switched my birth control" amelia said clearly trying her best not to cry.

"omg did he that's awful omg amy isn't that like illegal" the baby sister was shocked.

"unfortunately it isn't illegal, but we do hate him for it." she said while smiling slightly at her sisters comment.

"i'm sorry amy" saffron said trying to console her at all. she pulled amelia into a hug.

amelia put her arms round her little sister and stayed hugging her. she'd missed hugs. hugs were definitely something she missed.