Part 18

With little in the way of relenting, I let them lead me back toward the house. It has been just made clear to me none of them could possibly be human. Although I do not dare utter these words. No human has pitch black eyes. None that I have ever known. No human can change their voice to be that of nearly demonic. At least none that I have ever met. 

Except for some reason, these things are most common on the grounds I now find myself. 

I have never been able to see the dead nor hear their voices in my head. Except on these grounds, I can see them and I can hear them clearly as if we were speaking to each other. 

My husband takes my hand and guides me toward one of the awaiting servants. I recognize him as the carriage hand from earlier in the day; the one whom made me late to my own wedding. 

His eyes hold regret and sorrow as he takes my hand from my husband's. I do not say my love because I do not believe that I can love him any longer. He is a killer. He is not human. He is something all together different. 

"See to it that she is back in our chambers David. Then meet me back out beside the forest. We have some business to attend toward." 

I hardly see David nod his head at my husband's words. My attention is all to focused on what is standing right in front of me. 

My personal servant Brooklyn is watching me from the main stairwell. She does not look happy. Her eyes hold no light in them. They hold no color. For the first time I notice, just like the boy in the willow, she is completely blind. 

There is also something wrong with her neck. There seems to be a large part of it missing. Unlike the boy who looked to be perfectly fine. She resembles her death in every aspect of the words. 

'You should not have come back miss. You should have run when you had the chance. Now you will be like the rest of us. I am so sorry miss. I did not know this would happen. I did not know he was-' 

She disappears before she is able to finish what she wished to tell me. I resist the urge to scream out loud. What exactly is he? What have I gotten myself into?