Chapter 13

A few hours earlier, we arrived home. 

And now, I'm getting ready to go to Saiki-san's house. 

As I was in the middle of changing my clothes, I heard a knock.

"(Y/n), sweetie, I wanna talk to you for a bit. Mind  if I come in?"

I quickly put my clothes on and went to the door. I opened it and greeted her with a smile. Immediately, mom came in, locked the door, held my wrist, and led me to my bed. 

"Mom..?" 

She made me sit in my bed and released my wrist. 

"Heusc, don't let others come in. And don't tell anybody about this."

"Understood."

That made me super confused. 

"Mom. Is there anything you need?"

"(Y/n)... Are you and the pink-haired guy together?"

"What?! No!- I mean, Yea- kinda. Uhh."

"I'm assuming you two are still not together. I just have something to tell you."

I waited for her to continue talking.

"You know your uncles, right? I'm assuming that you'll be engaged in an arranged marriage..."

I looked at my mom in shock. 

"Mom! But why?!"

She cleared her throat and just looked at me. I can't read her emotions. Sympathy? Sadness? Guilt? 

"Your uncles will explain in the near future. For now, excuse me."

She said as she went out of my bedroom.

I looked at her retreating back in disappointment. 

"Mom..."

.

.

.

I don't know what to do... I... will be engaged with a man I don't even know. Why?! I understand that I'm the only child of the Kambes but... I don't wanna be together with a man I don't love. I'm a romantic freakin' person. They should know that. I watch romance animes for goodness sake. 

I wanna be with Saiki-san... But I also don't want to disappoint my parents. I love them both so dearly... But I need to choose...

"Kusuo..."

.

.

.

In the end, I didn't get to go to Saiki-san's. I didn't want to burden him in... my problems. I wore a germanium necklace in order for him not to know my secrets. I also ignored my parents since that day but sometimes talk when needed.

Days passed and it was already Friday evening. 

I want to say it to him but I can't... 

I now think that it's true that you need to let go of the person you love...

I need to talk to him soon. To end this...

I arrived home and went to my room.

I stared at my bed, not thinking anything. Mind not responding properly. I went to a massive wardrobe and began to change my clothes. I saw something that caught my eye.

It was Saiki-san's shirt... The one I wore when we talked about our feelings. When I first saw him smile genuinely. When I first saw him blush like crazy. When I first heard his voice. When I first slept with him.

I still want to have that warmth that I felt when Kusuo hugged me till we slept. I still want to hear those words that I love dearly come out of my beloved's mouth. I still want to see his annoyed face whenever I force him to watch romcom animes with me. 

I smiled bitterly as I felt tears come down my chin to my shirt I'm staring at since earlier. I hugged the shirt, wanting to feel the presence of my beloved. Wanting to hear that voice that I dearly love. Wanting to have him hug me. Wanting him to tell me that it'll be okay. Wanting him to say those three little words that mean a lot to me. But nothing came... 

I wore the shirt and went to my bed, still have tears flowing. I can't... I don't know what to do... I love Saiki-san, but I love my parents too. I don't want to disappoint them... and him too...

.

.

.

It was Saturday and now, I will tell them. I need to put it a stop. I love them both but I already chose. 

I need to talk to Saiki...

.

.

.

in order not to disappoint them... And to stop this all. So it'll be all easy...

.

.

.

I hope I chose the right choice...

_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for the reads and votes! Make sure you comment on what you feel about this chapter for me to know if you all enjoyed it. Enjoy ya'll, my dear readers! Love you all!

-Author.