Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV

A new morning. A new day. This is the first morning that I had befriended a certain psychic. 

I came to school early and met him.

"Ne ne~ Saiki-san. Ohayou!" I waved my hand at him while I approach him. This made a few students look over to us. That seems to make Saiki-san annoyed.

"What's the matter, Saiki-san? Did you woke up on the wrong side of your bed?" He sighed and telepathied to me. (Is that even a word? Dunno!)

"Listen, (Y/n),  I don't like any kind of attention to me. I rather have them ignore me than talk to me. I rather have a peaceful life than a crazy one. And you, for one, attract much attention and, with you talking to me, they'll avert their attention to me instead."

"So, you want me to not talk to you?" He nodded.

"Not gonna happen. How come others like the blue haired boy and the beautiful girl can talk to you while I don't? That's unfair. If you don't want me to tell others your secret then we must stick together! Like some partners in crime! If you won't agree, I'll cry her and blame you for making me cry! That'll create a bigger attention than now."

I smirked as I knew he will agree with me. He just said, 

"Yare yare. Do what you want."

Hehe. Yay!

A few days later

I went to class as usual. I noticed something different in the air. Aura? Romance. 

Girls talking to each other of their boyfriends and crushes. And boys... just being boys.

I went to my seat beside Saiki-san, noticing a girl staring at him.

'Hmm... What's her name again? Yu- Yuki- no, Yumeha-, yes! Yumehara! What's with her staring at Saiki-san. An admirer maybe?' I thought.

'Love affection. That's what she has for me. She's been crushing on me and I don't know why.'

I looked over to Saiki-san with a pitiful expression. I mentally encouraged him. 'Ganbare. You can do it.'

He sighed as I silently laughed.

It was almost lunch time when Saiki-san talked to me via telepathy.

'Oi. Come with me during lunch. I need to do something.' He said. I just nodded at him and went to listen to the teacher.

Lunch came and I saw Yumehara-san staring. At Saiki-san I presume.

"Is it okay? She's staring. Maybe you can just talk to her or something."

" "

I sighed at him and continued eating.

After that, we went to the classroom and listened to the teacher.

Time went by and school already ended. I waited for Saiki-san at the shoe lockers. I mean that's what friends do, right?

I waited for a while, noticing that it's raining. Hmm... Do I have my umbrella today? I checked my bag if I have my foldable umbrella and realizing it's not there. 

'What worst luck... I hope it stops soon...'

I gazed over outside, watching the rain when it abruptly stops. What the hell?

"Oi Y/n." I heard as I looked over to the speaker. It's Saiki-san. And he's dripping wet.

"Hey, Are you okay? What happened to you?" I asked, concerned. But he just pointed up, gesturing the sky. Oh. OH! YEAH! So he's the one who stopped the rain. But for what reason?

He looked at me and looked behind me. I looked over what he's looking at and realize it's Yumehara-san with an umbrella. Oh okay.

"Welp. Nothing we can donow. Imma go home now."

"If you're just gonna say goodbye then why wait?"

"Uhh... I waited for the... rain to... yeah! stop. Yeah that!"

Anddd he just gave me a 'seriously?' look.

"Eheheh. Well! Gotta go! Bye Saiki-san!!!!!"