Chapter 13: Natagumo Mountain & Hashira Meeting

Start from the beginning

Three days had gone by very quickly, it took you one to get there, another to complete the mission and you were now leaving on the night of the third with much calm since you still had all night and part of the fourth day to arrive to the Ubuyashiki Estate. The mission was fairly easy mission, and you only came back with a slightly deep bite on your right arm due to the Demon's aggresive attacks, but it was nothing serious.You enjoyed the night as you walked down the lonely road infront of you, not that windy nor that hot. It was just perfect for you to stay calm, alone with your thoughts. You were just glad that it wasn't a difficult one.

Suddenly Okashī landed on your shoulder yelling louder than usual, it worried you.
"NATAGUMO MOUNTAIN! HEAD TO NATAGUMO MOUNTAIN. PRESENCE OF A LOWER MOON! EMERGENCY. E-MER-GEN-CY! TWO PILLARS WERE DISPATCHED. HEAD NOW!"
At this moment you ignored everything and ran at top speed, following Okashī to the destination you were sent to.

Once you arrived you immediately felt an eerie chill up your spine by just looking at the mountain. You knew something bad was going on so you hurried in through the West side of it. You were confused as you found many cocoon hanging from the trees so you opened two of them up only to find some of your colleagues decomposing in some kind of acid. You felt immediately disgusted and ready to avenge them. Even so, you kept on going to see who else you could find or help out.

You kept on going where you found many injured hunters and some nasty spiders with human heads. But they didn't try to harm you, instead they were crying so you let them be.
In the sky you noticed a house that seemed as if it was floating in the air, but instead it was hanging due to some strong almost invisible strings. On top of it was Shinobu, it seemed as if she were speaking with someone, she didn't seem to notice you, and you didn't want to stop there since she was already taking care of things. Instead you ran deeper into the mountain to see where you could be of assistance. Right when you were leaving the area you noticed many kakushi running in to do their job, you called some of them to follow you incase their were more injured on the way.

After going all over the mountain you found many corpses in different ways, showing that many different Demons were on this mountain. You were angered and confused as to why you weren't sent here to begin with. You absolutely knew you could've cleared the place with no casualties whatsoever, this made you feel guilty about your subordinates as you realized most of them didn't even pass from a Kanoto ranking. You jumped high in the trees to see what else you could find, to your surprise there was a young Demon girl hung from many threads badly hurt. This could only mean that another Demon had did this to her, so once you landed you hurried to that direction hoping to find whom ever did this and stop it once and for all.

You hurried there at top speed, jumping through the trees to make it there faster. As you were approaching you noticed another Corps member fighting a Demon with a broken sword which surprised you a lot. But sadly he was about to die slashed by many threads. Out of nowhere the threads and the Demon both burst into flames and when you looked up you noticed the girl Demon helping him out. You had never seen something like that before.

Luckily he cut off the Demon's head before he could get killed by it's attack. You took a breath in relieve since you could approach him with calm and help him out. You could only see him squirming on the floor towards the girl who was a Demon as well and this scared you since he would most likely be killed by her. The Demon who's head had been cut off was walking towards him, ready to finish him off with his next attack and you knew this well
"Blood Demon Technique: Cage of Murdering Eyes" the Demon yelled as a dome of his threads were surrounding the young boy, so you tried to make it there in time to save him, even so, you didn't know how he was still alive, even after being beheaded by a Nichirin Blade.

"Poison Breathing. Third Form: Flying Toxin" you then used the momentum of this stab attack to make it there in time, but before you made it there, Tomioka Giyuu the Water Pillar arrived at the scene saving him. Only then you noticed that the Demon was lower five and now all you could do is watch as Tomioka finished up the job.
As the Demon prepared for the next attack Tomioka did something that you never knew existed.