Prologue...(Of sorts)

Author's Note: Hey guys, I just had this idea and needed to get it written down. I'm still going to continue my other Revenge stories, but I'm also going to be working on this one. Tell me what you guys think! ~Katie😅

* * *

Daniel tried to take in as much as his eyes could at once. Emily leaning over him, the walls of Grayson Manor- these were the last things he'd ever see.

"I want you to know it wasn't all a lie. Not with you." Emily's continued to talk to him. He sensed the honesty in her voice.

He felt his eyes slowly closing, but he wanted so desperately to keep them open. He'd heard her, he'd most certainly heard her. "I know, I know." If he had to die in someone's arms, he'd prefer it to be hers. Was that peace he felt?

The next time Daniel opened his eyes, he was lying on the beach. Somewhere in his blurred vision he saw a shadow walking towards him. He instantly remembered the flashback he'd had of his father right before he was shot. "Dad?" Daniel's voice wavered, not sure if he wanted to see Conrad or not.

"Nope." The voice had a feminine tone, it was definitely a girl.

He shielded the sun from his eyes, taking the hand that was extended to him. When he looked up, he was stunned to see who had helped him up. "Amanda?"

The girl smiled at him, holding out her hand. "Please. Call me Emily." This was the first time he'd met her as the real Emily Thorne.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" Daniel looked around, taking in both the beach house and Grayson Manor.

"The same thing you are, silly." She glanced knowingly over his shoulder. "Checking on Amanda."

Daniel smiled, watching as his ex-wife turned off the lights in the kitchen at Grayson Manor and headed upstairs. He wasn't used to hearing her called by her real name. "Right."

"You know, it's the last time you'll see her. Don't you want to say goodbye? I did, before I left." She followed his gaze to the manor.

Daniel suddenly became very worried. Left where? He'd always been a big believer when it came to faith, or tried to at least.

"I'll be here when you get back, don't worry." She returned back to where she'd been sitting when he'd woken up on the beach, gazing at the waves.

Daniel blinked, looking away. This time when his eyes opened after that split second, he'd somehow ended up in the upstairs hallway of Grayson Manor. He ran his hand along the wall, stopping at a picture frame of Emily and him. Wow, she must've accidentally kept this, he thought to himself. Trying to pick it up, he accidentally knocked it off the table.

This woke Emily up, and she jumped out of bed. She'd been on edge ever since Katherine Black had attacked her and killed Daniel. She was finally falling asleep after a long night of interrogations. She grabbed the gun from the drawer of her bedside table.

Nolan had offered to stay and watch the security cameras for her, and she had to oblige knowing that without sleep she would never survive those interrogations the following morning. He had secretly been dozing off, but woke up immediately when he heard a crash coming from one of the many tabs pulled up on his computer. "What the...?" Nolan scrambled to sit up and look closer at the screen. Nothing was there.

Emily slid out the door of her room and pressed herself up against the wall of the hallway. She froze when she saw the picture of Daniel and her lying on the ground. She cautiously picked it up and looked around, noticing it wasn't broken.