Chapter 40

Kailie's POV

I instruct Jeremy to go upstairs and arm himself, which he quickly does. The better prepared we all are, the faster the bitch is going down. Elena gives his retreating figure a confused look but returns to her conversation with Kol. I join the two, while Elena fixes some drinks. By the way she's mixing everything, I don't think she knows what she's doing. Out of the two of us, I'm the one with actual bartending knowledge. 

"Would you like some help?" I offer cautiously and receive a nod in response. My twin passes over the alcohol and cocktail shaker, and I get to work. From what she's given me, I manage to make three margaritas and pour them into the glasses. I have to fight the urge to put vervain in Elena's, since we have a temporary alliance right now. 

"You're really good at that game. Especially considering you've been locked up in a coffin for one hundred years." Elena mutters to Kol, taking a sip of her drink. She seems to enjoy it and takes another sip. Looking back towards the TV, my husband responds to her.

"I'm a quick learner. Speedy reflexes. It's not much like the real thing though, is it?" he questions, as I notice Elena uncomfortably shift in her spot. "You've killed, haven't you? Or are you one of those Mary Sue vampires?"

It takes her a few seconds, but my bitchy twin does eventually reply. Albeit, she doesn't make eye contact, but at least she can still speak...for now. 

"I've killed...once. I'm guessing your numbers are a lot higher than mine."

Smirking at her, I decide to join the conversation. I take another gulp of my alcohol, before deciding to speak up.

"You lose track over the years. So are we going to talk about Silas or just jibber-jabber? I've got a bed calling my name." I ask, while Elena gestures to the living room. 

Kol and I make our way in there, but I notice that the bitch is straggling behind. She's glancing down at her phone, probably talking to another member of the Scooby Gang. My husband and I decide to lean up against one of the couches, and wait for her to join us. I take a few more sips of my margarita, before she graces us with her presence. 

"No one else seems to think Silas exists. So why do you?" Elena asks my husband, while I finish up my drink. I really need the alcohol, if I'm being forced to talk to her.

"I used to run with some witches in Africa in the 14th century, Haiti in the 17th century, New Orleans in the 1900s. They all knew about Silas and that he needed to stay buried." Kol explains, taking a sip from his glass. "I actually hold witches in high esteem."

"Yeah, but why Silas? Why are you so afraid of him?" my bitchy twin counters, causing my husband to stiffen slightly. He always seems a little upset talking about the immortal being.

"They said if Silas rises, he'll unleash hell on Earth. I happen to like Earth just the way it is." Kol details, putting on a fake smile to hide his anger. I wish I could do that right now, but I'm too worried about Elena's plan to kill us. 

"That's pretty biblical." she sighs out, while a smirk appears on my face. Elena seems a little nervous about the conversation, and I think that Kol is starting to figure out why. 

"Well that's the other problem with people today. They've lost faith, and in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear." he states, as I see Elena shift uncomfortably again. 

She offers to go pour us some gin, while Kol and I glance around the living room. He picks up a family picture that has been obviously altered. I wince at the sight, which doesn't go unnoticed by my husband. The photo includes Miranda, Grayson, Elena, and Jeremy. There's a small section between Jeremy and Elena that doesn't match up, and I know that I used to be in that one. Kol looks over at me with worry, before my bitchy twin shows back up.

"So, we're out of gin, but I think this is a good year." she states, holding up a bottle of red wine. Kol replaces the picture frame onto the table, and we turn back around to face Elena.

"What if I said I don't believe you?" my husband questions her, causing her to glance down at the alcohol in confusion. Can I just kill her now and get it over with?

"Okay, you got me. I don't know anything about wine." Elena mutters out, shaking her head slightly. An innocent smile is plastered across her face, while my eyes narrow at her.

"Just seems odd that you'd be so willing to give up something you want so much. It seems to me that you value your life more than anything. Even our little brother." I taunt her, earning a glare in reply. I see Elena's grip tighten on the bottle and smirk at the sight. 

"I would do anything for Jeremy. And if what you're saying about Silas is true, what does it matter what I want if it puts everyone else in danger?" she whines, causing me to glare at her as well. Before I can say anything else, Kol drags me back towards him and smiles to Elena.

"Well this has been enlightening. Thanks for the drinks." my husband tells her, before leading us to the front door. I open it, and the two of us exit the house, before Kol turns around to look at Elena. "We'll take your request for a truce under advisement."

"Is-is there any chance that you can be wrong about Silas?" my bitchy twin questions, causing Kol's stare to harden. How thick is she?

"Trust me, Elena. Some things are better left buried." he explains, before we shut the front door and walk back down the sidewalk. 

Once we're back at the car, I pull him aside before he can get inside of it. My husband gives me a confused look, so I detail what Jeremy told me. A murderous expression appears on Kol's face, and I smirk to myself. Time to enact Operation: Kill the Bitch.

 Time to enact Operation: Kill the Bitch