Chapter 12

Kailie's POV

In true Niklaus fashion, the Original Hybrid attempts to attack me, but his sister holds him back. Rebekah forcefully drags him over to the bleachers, as he glares back at me. I playfully wave at him, causing his gaze to harden even more. When is he going to learn that him attacking me will do no good?

I zone out, bored of the conversation. The only reason I come back to reality is the sound of my growling stomach. All this excitement has got me starving. If Elena's not careful, I'll speed over and rip out her jugular. At least then she will stop whining.

I glance around the gym to see Nik on the opposite end of the bleachers, while Elena is comforting Dana and Chad. The crybaby is helping the other crybabies. How pathetic.

I hear the door squeak open and glance over to see Stefan entering the gymnasium. A smirk appears on my face, as I stand up to attack. This is going to be fun.

Before the younger Salvatore can do anything, I speed over to him and send him flying back into the hallway. He crashes into a set of lockers, causing him to bounce onto the ground. Sitting up and groaning, Stefan glances up and sends me a shocked expression.

"Kailie..." he whispers out, attempting to stand back up. Using the sole of my boot, I stomp down on his chest hard enough to crack one of his ribs. Stefan groans in pain, causing me to smirk in satisfaction.

"Did you miss me?" I innocently question, before pressing down onto his chest once more. The vampire grumbles again, as I hear Nik stalk up next to me.

"Come to save your damsel, mate?" Nik calmly asks the younger Salvatore, while I take my foot off of his chest. After Stefan takes a deep breath in, he glances up at Nik in a calm manner.

"I came to ask for your forgiveness and pledge my loyalty." Stefan admits, causing Nik and I share a look of disbelief. He doesn't deserve to be forgiven. Nik wouldn't have known about Elena being alive if it wasn't for me. Stefan had months to tell him, but he never did.

"Well, you broke that pledge once already." Nik grits out, giving the Salvatore a glare. And he will probably do it again. From what I have heard, the Salvatore brothers are synonymous for it.

"Elena means nothing to me anymore. Whatever you ask of me, I will do." Stefan mutters, causing me to burst into a fit of laughter. Nik gives me an amused look, while the younger vampire attempts to glare at me. Stefan just doesn't know how to glare properly.

"Fair enough," Nik calmly states, dragging Stefan back into the gym. I closely follow behind the pair, curious as to what Nik has in store for him. "Let's drink on it! Kill them. Kailie, you can take whichever of the two teens Stefan doesn't go for."

I send Nik a grateful smile, before setting my eyes on Dana and Chad. I can almost smell the fear emanating from them, and my predatory instincts kick in.

After a few moments of no movement from Stefan, I roll my eyes at his behavior. He really needs to get his story straight. Is he loyal to Nik or not?

"What are you waiting for? Kill them." Nik reinstructs the Salvatore, while I can see my twin begin her whining. Before a word can be uttered from her, I backhand Elena and send her to the ground. I can hear Stefan speed up from behind me, but Nik catches him before I had a chance to.

"She means nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up." Nik exclaims, keeping his hand wrapped around Stefan's throat. I see Elena stand back up, so I restrain myself from attacking her again. Walking over to the two men, I glare at the younger vampire.

"Let her go! I'll do whatever you want, you have my word!" Stefan cries out, trying to get Nik's grip to loosen. His plan doesn't work very well, and the older vampire tightens his hold. Good job, Stefan! Your plan completely backfired!