I sat down at a park bench and a tall older man about in his forties approached me and when I tried to get up he grabbed my shoulder and roughly pushed me back down to the park bench. He grabbed my hand. Holding it tightly he said, "Say one word, and ill break you," I gulped this man was dead serious, he would snap my wrist if I dared to say anything. So I didn't.

He came closer and whispered in my ear "Listen here you little bitch," he said coming closer and closer his grip on my wrist tightening. "You stay away from Kilo Lee Valentino or else," He said licking my ear. That is the most disgusting thing somebody can do. Who in their right mind licks somebody's ear?

This motherfucker is sending a message for someone. Why would someone want me to stay away from him? Is he that dangerous or is it me? But whoever it was I got the message it was loud and clear.

My dumbass said "Or else WHAT? Who are you?" I said spitting in his face. In a world like this, you can't have fear and I didn't if I showed him I was scared something else would have happened.

Some people smell fear. You being scared gives them more control. all that fear gives them more power.

"Or else................ we'll have to see baby," he said kissing my cheek. I was disgusted. honestly who was this man to just come over here and assault me like this and I know Kilo had something to do with this. Whoever it was involved knew about this belief of him being in the mafia, I don't know. But it's something.

He said one more thing before he left "I want you to know if we Fucking catch you anywhere near him you're dead. Stay away. Send in your recognition letter and I never want to see you near Valentino industries after that again. Am I clear?" he said and I nodded "Very clear," I said and he got up and left, and just like that he was gone. I sighed. Why does life ever have to be this hard for me? or for anyone in that matter? People struggle so much and we fail to realize the littlest things we do hurt other people's feelings. This world is full of hatred and love, love ends up getting you hurt or killed and so, either way, you end up getting hurt in the end... That's why I choose to stay away from Kilo for good because I don't want to develop feelings for him, so I'm leaving Valentino Industries.

KILO POV

I should have her fucking kidnapped. I'm tired of the disrespect and lies.

She's lucky I have to go to Italy for the family business. I would have locked her in the basement until she started to talk.

I should have her stay at my house for now. Maybe lock her in. She's already at risk because she was seen with me in those pictures.

I'm very curious as to why she ran away...

You just don't fucking run away for no fucking reason, and she went across the whole country so she was obviously trying to get away from someone or something. I need to know why.

I need to know right fucking now.

I'm going to have my cousin Riccardo watch over her and the building while I'm gone dealing with The Mafia. If there's one thing I wouldn't want her to find out it would be that I'm the Leader of the Italian Mafia. She would fucking leave in a heartbeat and I know it.

The Italian Mafia is a serious business but I couldn't stay in Italy forever. I had to come to the United States to Expand from cities like New York, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angles. I have business everywhere with everybody. The people you'd least expect.

Rumor has it I'm in the Mafia But I don't care what the American Government thinks about me or what America thinks. They couldn't do shit anyway, after all, I am the most powerful. The American government can't even handle its own problems.

How did I become the don of The Sicilian Mafia at such a young age? After my father died my older brother was next in line and after was my cousin Matteo. Matteo wanted to be don so bad that he killed my brother leaving me no choice but to step up and kill him only at the age of 22.

Good thing she will never find out. I will kill the person that fucking tells her.

I don't understand why I'm so protective of her when I know who she is. When I know how this could end.

She's so different from all the others. Any woman would die to be with me but not Kehlani. She's so independent and mysterious and I'm glad I met her that night. I finally got my hands on her and I'm not letting go.

Not until she's fucking dead.

A/N

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask.

The begging of this novel might seem questionable and weird. I'm doing the best I can but I promise it gets better.