"Cora!" I heard Derek shout, "just let him come,"

Cora growled then walked away. I watched the girl basically stomp her way into the kitchen before I turned my attention to climbing the stairs. Once I reached the top I caught his scent and I moved to follow it, and I came upon Derek standing shirtless, putting sheets inside of a washing machine.

"Your um, sister," I said swallowing nervously as I was looking for the right words to say, "she seems... lovely,"

"Not the word I'd used," Derek said in a low tone with his back still to me, "but sure,"

A silence fell between us, and I shifted nervously as I didn't know how to bring up the real reason why I came.

"I heard about the fight," I said softly, and I noticed him stiffen, "and I heard about Ennis, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Derek said slowly turning to face me, but he wasn't looking at me, his eyes drifted to the floor,

"Oh, I-I, just wanted to make sure for myself," I said looking away, I glanced at the stairs and took a breathe, "If, if your busy I can just go,"

"No," Derek said and I looked back at him, "I-I, wanted to talk to you regardless, so can we?"

"Yeah, of course," I said nodding,

He gestured for me to follow him and I did, we walked through a door, and then up some stairs before finding ourselves on the floor of the building. I walked into the chill of the night sky, even though this building was located near downtown, being so high up made everything seem oddly quiet.

"Its so quiet out here," I muttered as I walked towards the ledge,

"That's part of the reason I chose this place," Derek said somberly from the other side of the roof, "it kind of reminds me of home,"

"Besides all the bad stuff that happened at your old home," I muttered softly, "I guess I can see the appeal,"

I took a breathe and looked out to the night sky, as a semblance of peace soon came to me, making me just want to stay here forever.

"Not everything that happened there was bad," Derek spoke, I glanced over at him to see he was smirking at me, my cheeks quickly turned red as I remembered the night he was referring to,

"Okay that wasn't my proudest moment," I said scratching the back of head, looking away from the alpha gaze,

"But it was one of our... better moments," Derek said, I glanced over again to see he was walking up to me, I noticed he was still shirtless but chose to ignore the fact, even though it was a sight I still love to see, "and right now, is gonna be one of our worst,"

"What do you mean?" I asked turning to face him fully,

"Promise me, that you won't hate me after I tell," Derek said in a very serious tone,

"Derek, I thought you were dead," I said letting out an airy sigh, "you could tell me anything and I wouldn't care less,"

Derek stared at me with a look that I could comprehend. He took a breathe and slowly moved to sit on the ledge of the roof, when he didn't speak I took that as a sign to sit beside him. I could feel the heat coming off his body in waves, and it felt comforting but I didn't move an inch as I got the feeling something was bothering him.

"I slept Jennifer," he blurted out, and the world stopped,

"What?" I asked narrowing my eyes,

"Don't, please don't make me say it again," he said dropping his head,