𝟚𝟜: <𝕠𝕓𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪>

👾

New Years, A time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. To move on from the past and let things go...unfortunately, also to most hectic and stressful time of year in Japan.

Living in a big city, like Tokyo, can get really hectic around new years, I mean, after all, it is the biggest holiday of the year. Every grocery store you walk into will be packed with people buying stuff for parties or Ozoni.

Of course there's no denying new years is a popular holiday for couples. Whenever I went as a little girl I'd always seen at least one couple getting engaged. So, obviously I had a biting feeling, but I didn't want to read too much into it.

"are you almost ready. I want to spend time with you so I want to leave early to avoid anyone"

"yeah, almost" I shouted downstairs to Kenma who I could only assume was playing on his psp.

I clipped the kanzashi in my hair and walked down the stairs. I peeked out the window in my room, the sky was a beautiful mix of vibrant ruby reds and marigold yellows, clashing together to make oranges and pinks. Only a couple of clouds embellished the vibrant scene. I smiled to myself a bit before heading downstairs.

"alright, ready" I spoke to Kenma, grabbing my bag off the back of the couch.

Kenma looked up and gave me a small smile.

Kenma's P.O.V:

"alright, ready" Kireina spoke in a bubbly tone to me, she moved to grab her bag off of the back of the couch.

I paused my game on the psp and looked up. An immediate smile forming on my face seeing the excitement in her eyes, the way her smile made her eyes slightly crinkle and how her face always lit up put me on cloud nine.

"Okay, let's go" I offered my hand for her to grab while we headed out the door.

Holding Kireina's hands was probably one of my favorite things to do, it seemed like they were made for my hands, how they fit so perfectly together, like two pieces of a puzzle. Our steps were in beat with one another as we made our way over to the train so we could get to the bus stop to take us to Takao mountain.

I remembered thanking myself for actually calling Kireina's dad after he dropped me off at my house.

"Kenma-san," Yukiharu spoke to me, tapping me on the shoulder, "here, give me a call anytime if you'd like"

he handed me a business card but scribbled out the business number and wrote in his personal number.

"thank you, I'll try to" I bowed to him for wishing him a good night and leaving.

When I walked into the house and up to my room I was met with a smirking Kuro

"why are you in my room?" I spoke to him in a petulant tone

"mom and dad left to go visit my aunt and uncle and they let me stay back, so I came over here hoping you were here... but nope! I guess you and Kireina-chan ended up staying at the park for a while, huh"he faked an angry dad-like tone.

"well, that's not it... but it's a long story"

"wanna share with the class?"

"no."

"argh c'mon sharing is caring"

"I'm good" I set the card down on my dresser and walked over to the bed and took a seat.

Kuro somehow managed to slip past me and grabbed the card off of the dresser

"Yukiharu Tensai? you met Kireina-chan's dad?" he looked at me with an expression that was confused and suprised