I'm not ok (i promise)

Tw// abuse, mentions of s3w3rs1de

Van sat in his little chair staring out his window waiting for his mom to come back, just a little boy in his little chair staring out his little window waiting for his mother. Van was too short for his legs to reach the ground so they just kinda dangled there as he occasionally kicked his feet back and forth as he began to grow impatient.
    Although only 16 and in no mental state to be looking after someone, he always looked out for and worried about his mother, ever since his father left and they had that restraining order put on him he's grown angry and for the most part van's mother stayed inside too afraid to leave but they have to have food so, she left the house today for the first time in ages.
     Van usaly went with her on the few occasions she left the house but today she left when he was at school and he couldn't go with her witch made him all the more worried.
     Soon he grew sleepy and his eyes grew heavy and began to fall, he lay his head down on the desk as he drifted to sleep, a mix of the lack of sleep he got last night and the stress of school the poor boy was exhausted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     A few hours later van was woken by the sound of the garage opening. His mom, she was back. Vincent was anxious and worried so he hopped up and rushed down the stairs to go check on her. By the time he got down the stairs his mom was standing in the kitchen with two brown plastic bags full of groceries.
    "MOM!" Van smiled running over to give her a hug, sliding almost past her on the dark hardwood flooring. Van skid up to her and gave her a hug
     "Where were you." He said in a worried tone.
     "Well...." she began "i don't make the most money at my job and i want to make sure i have the money to care.for you and help suport your hobbies so......... i got a job!" She ended her sentence by giving van a big hug as her face expressed her joy.
     "But mom. It's not exactly safe out there, who knows what dad would do if he ever saw you out there." He said looking up at her, his eyes wide as they began to water, clear fear in his eyes
    "Honey I'll be fine, trust me" she said with a soft smile leaning down to look st van. Something about her voice always put van at ease either it be the fact she is the one who saved him from abuse as a kid or the fact that well, she was his mother and she just had that caring nature.
     "If you say so" van said with a sigh.
      "Now help me with the groceries please darling" she gave van a pat on the back as she caried teo boxes of cerial over to the cabinet placed next to the fridge. The two of them weaver around eachother to put thw groceries away, only going to the grocery store about once every two month always resulted in many groceries to put away.
     Soon the two of them managed to put awaay everynlast cerial box, vegetable and soda can and van went back up to his room were he pulled out his sketch book and his mp3 player as he sat at his little wooden desk. His mind was still running on and on and worrying about his mother especially now that she had a job, it was scary for her to go out in public even with van but now, she had a job, van couldn't protect her now. Even though they had a restraining order on his father, he was never a man to follow the law plus, this man always carried around a gun wich made van that more afraid for his safety but mostly his mother's safety after all, she was the one going out in public the most. Yea sure clone high is a public place but it's a bloody high school and what are the chances van will run into his dad there unless he came looking for him. But his mother, she was working in a public place were anyone can just walk.in whenever so the chances of her running into his dad, was pretty high and even though van still had not a clue were she was working other than it was a grocery store, he could only guess it was nearby and their town ain't too big so his dad most likley shops there putting his mom at more of a risk, and making van worry even more.
     "I may be worrying my head off right now but, nothing a little music can't drownd out" he spoke softly as he plugged his earbud in his ear and began to drown out all his worries and focus on his art and his tunes.