"One: that's not how it works, for Spirits sake you are ten years younger than me! Two: that is my family in danger--"

"Which is why you were denied, Bumi," Tenzin spat. "You can't let your personal feelings--"

"Put Avatar Aang on," Bumi cut him off.

"Bumi he doesn't--"

"Put him on," Bumi growled.

"He doesn't have any control over this Bumi!" Tenzin growled.

"Tenzin! Put Dad on or so help me Spirits, next time I see you, I will smash that glass ball you call a head!" Bumi shouted.

The radio cut out.

Bumi groaned, dropping back in his seat.

"Way to handle this buddy," Zun said.

"I will make you clean the underbelly of the ship," Bumi threatened.

"Avatar Aang," The radio buzzed.

"Dad! I mean, Avatar Aang," Bumi sat up. "This is Commander Bumi."

"Yes Bumi, I know. Your brother told me," Aang said.

"Avatar Aang, is there any way you can veto the council's decision and give me permission to intervene?" Bumi asked, sounding like he was begging. "You know I can't sit by with Izzie, Mai, and Zuko in danger."

"I'm sorry Bumi, but I have no control over the council."

"You're the Avatar! You basically control the world!" Bumi shouted. "You can veto this! You literally created the council."

The line buzzed.

"Dad?" Bumi asked.

"Bumi, you can't intervene," Aang said sternly. "Now return to your business."

"Dad!" Bumi shouted only to be met with silence, "Dad? Dad please!"

"Goodbye Bumi," Tenzin said.

"Now, let's try and contact someone else," Tenzin said, sounding pleased.

"You're not disconnected there bud," Zun said.

"Oh, uh. How about now?"

"No."

A buzz of whispering crackled in the line.

"You all are ten years younger than me! Learn to use a radio!" Bumi shouted.

"Get off the line, Bumi," Aang's voice came in.

"Again--" Bumi said but cut himself off. "You know what?"

Zun backed up when Bumi ripped the radio out of the wall, smashing it against the far wall.

"What a great man! No care for two out of three kids, not worried about his daughter-in-law, and no remorse for his presumed dead granddaughter!" Bumi shouted.

"Are we going to intervene anyway or not?" Zun asked, sounding like Bumi's outburst never happened.

"Oh, we're intervening," Bumi said. "I'm not letting my family down."

He pointed to the door, "Tell the helmsman to set a course for the Fire Nation. I'm going to get the soldiers prepped."

Zun saluted and turned to the door. He stopped short and looked at Bumi, "When did Tenzin stop wetting the bed?"

"Go!" Bumi ordered, not answering the question though he smirked.

Zun chuckled and left the room.

Bumi glanced at the radio, "If they get worried they can just fly here."

He headed out of the room and started to the upper deck.

When he reached the deck, he was met with Iroh and his group who were training in one large group.

"Get ready, I have a surprise inspection starting in less than ten minutes," Bumi warned, walking to the staircase that led to his cabin.

"What do you mean?" Iroh asked, ducking just before Pelo hit him with a discus.

"I mean: we're heading to the Fire Nation," Bumi said sternly.

"We got approved?" Yuku asked, deflecting a knife Hano threw.

Bumi turned to the stairs, "Something like that."

Iroh frowned at him.

"Get ready, you don't get another warning," Bumi said, heading up the stairs.

The young adults looked at each other, except for Iroh, who watched as Bumi disappeared into his cabin.

Suki looked at him as he entered the room.

"Hey little warrior," He said.

"Hi Daddy," Suki said, playing with a piece of paper.

"Are we going to save Mama, Grandmother and Grandfather?" Suki looked at him.

"Yes, but," He knelt down in front of her. "I know you're going to want to help sweetheart, and I really appreciate it, but I want you to stay on the ship when we get home. Okay?"

Suki dropped the paper, "What?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt," Bumi said.

"But I want to help!" Suki snapped. "I want to save them with you and Roro!"

"I know baby, but these are very, very bad people," Bumi said gently. "They will not hesitate to kill you."

"But that's why I need to come, what if you or Roro get hurt?" Suki insisted.

"We have an entire fleet with us sweetie," Bumi said. "We'll be okay."

"What about Mama! She needs to know I'm alive!" Suki said, trying anything to get him to let her come.

"I will tell her and we'll send you home afterwards," Bumi said.

"No!" Suki snapped. "Iroh gets to help, Mama fought, Grandmother and Grandfather fought! Why can't I?"

"Suki, you're too young," Bumi said sternly. "I'm not letting you get hurt. You were lucky last time."

"Lucky?" Suki spat. "I wasn't lucky, I know how to fight! How do you think I got away!"

"Suki, calm down."

"It's not fair! Iroh was fighting at my age!"

"He was play wrestling with a fifty year old man," Bumi said. "It's not that dangerous when you're fighting your Grandfather."

Suki growled and crossed her arms.

"I have to get the soldiers ready, stay here," Bumi said.

"No, I was gonna go down to the cafeteria and make friends with the cook," Suki spat.

"You have your mother's attitude and my temper," Bumi said. "I feel bad for your mother during your teenage years."

"Don't think you'll get away from it," Suki threatened. "Remember, you still have no idea how I got here."

"Good point," Bumi kissed her head and turned to the door.

Bumi walked out the door and was pleased to see the soldiers ready in lineup.

"Atten-tion!" He shouted, jumping off the staircase.