Hwarang Imagine ~ What If You Were Han-sung's Lover and Had to Watch Him Die?

Start from the beginning

He pulled back from the kiss much too soon for your liking and you would've pulled him back down by your hold around his neck had he not squished your face to his chest and placed his head on top of yours in a loving hold. Well, anything was fine for you as long as the two of you were together and you rubbed your cheek against the silky material of his uniform. "Y/N-ah.....I love you." Your eyes widened. This was only the second time he was telling you this and you couldn't help but feel like you were flying in the clouds. It felt so good to be loved. "I love you too, Han-sung." And you stayed there like that for a long time. At least it felt long for you, but it would've been only a few minutes when he pulled back and gazed down at you. Before any of you could start talking again, you heard a loud shout from outside and jumped. Your heart was beating in your ears. "Y/N, is that-" "Yes, I have to go before he comes looking for me!" There was no way the head chef could keep a secret, and if he found the two of you huddled together in the storage room, that would be your end. Hurriedly smoothening down your clothes, you almost turned the knob of the door when you felt a kiss on your cheek. You smiled almost immediately and turned back to look at Han-sung, whose innocent smile made your heart flutter. "We'll meet again soon, okay?" you cooed and then left the small dark room. If only you'd known.

After spending more than three hours in the kitchens, you were finally done for the day. You groaned as you sat on one of the empty benches. It was almost time for lunch and the boys would be filing in soon. You'd get to see Han-sung again! And since your work was done, you could sit and gaze at him from inside. But of course, your head chef wasn't so kind as to let you off the hook that easily. "Get these items from the market at once!" he ordered and, naturally, you complied. Gathering the few empty baskets in front of you, you started walking out of the kitchen and towards the main gates of the Hwarang house, looking and feeling as grumpy as ever.

As you rounded the corner, all signs of grumpiness left you, and you took in the sight in front of you. There stood master Sun-woo and master Dan-se, Han-sung's older half-brother, someone you'd been trying hard to understand over the past few months. From what you knew, Dan-se was Sun-woo's disciple and he had been helping him perfect his skills and fighting techniques for a long time now. What made your eyes bulge out of your head was the fact that Dan-se, whom you'd thought admired Sun-woo, had a sword raised towards him. Your heart skipped a beat as he lowered the sword, but master Sun-woo skillfully dodged he attack. Dan-se swerved and attacked again while Sun-woo tried hard to defend himself. Your body was stock still as you watched the two fight. You knew that the two of them used to practice sword-fighting together so you wouldn't have felt so uneasy if you hadn't seen the shine in master Dan-se's eyes. It wasn't the normal kind like when he played around with his younger half-brother, which was rare, but rather the kind that showed an intent to kill. It had you frozen to the spot. The two men, who hadn't spotted you yet, continued to fight, which was mostly just Dan-se attacking ferociously while his master defended himself as best as he possibly could. At one point, Dan-se's sword cut through one of the sleeves of his uniform, and you gasped. Thankfully, he hadn't been cut himself but that didn't help the horrible air that had set around the two of them. A few more attacks later, Dan-se had tired out his master and you felt adrenaline rush through your body. You watched as the two of them exchanged a few words, chests rising and falling rapidly. "What is he-"

Your eyes caught a familiar figure rounding the far corner and stopping at the sight of the two men going at each other's throats. Shock was written all over Han-sung's face. Even from a huge distance you could see how the shock immediately contorted into an expression which conveyed that he'd somehow been expecting something terrible like this to happen.

What he did next made your heart drop to your feet. He started running toward the two men who were fighting as if they had no other care in the world, and the baskets in your hand fell to the ground. The look on Han-sung's face was enough for you to have dread coursing through your veins. His beloved half-brother was at the throat of the one person for whom he had such a strong sense of respect and reverence.