f o r t y - f i v e

Start from the beginning

"there's no need for that, baby." billie quickly interjected.

"you're just pissed that you lost and that we're better than you." i told ivy with a smirk.

"she got second place, that's still good." makayla said.

"if you're not first, then you've lost. every place after first might as well be a participation award." i explained matter of factly.

"nah, cause i'm awesome at monopoly. i'm just a little off today." ivy made up an excuse.

"yeah, okay."

"i forgot how damaging monopoly is to friendships." matthew muttered.

"this game is toxic as shit." billie agreed.

i grabbed the whiteboard that we had to keep track of everybody's wins, adding a tally mark under mine and billie's names. "that makes me in the lead with four points. matt and billie are tired for second with three, ivy is in fourth with two points, and makayla is in last place with one point."

"man." makayla whined.

"i say we play just dance next." matthew suggested.

"oou, bet." ivy grinned, hopping up from her seat.

makayla decided to sit out for this one, because of some bad experience that she's had with it. something about a controller flying out of a hand and it hitting her in the head.

"let's play just dance 4," i said, grabbing a wii remote and tightening the string around my wrist. "i'll destroy you on 'love you like a love song'."

matt set up his wii, putting the just dance disc in. we quickly chose the song, beginning it. we played five more songs after 'love you like a love song' and it was definitely obvious.

"dude, how did i have the energy to play this all the time when i was younger?" ivy asked as she fell back on the couch.

"right? shit was a whole workout." i mumbled, laying back on the floor, and moving my hair that had fallen out of my bun away from my forehead.

"this is why i don't play it." makayla told us, handing all of us cold water bottles.

"you said it was because of that 'traumatic experience' or whatever the fuck." billie said, taking a sip of her water.

"it's a mixture of both." makayla shrugged.

i took a sip of my water, gasping when matt came up, flipping the bottom of the bottle so that some of it spilled on me. "fuck off." i grumbled as i splashed some of the water at him.

"what's the score?" matt asked as he wiped the water off of his face.

"jessie is in first with seven points, billie has five points, putting her in second place. matt is in third with four points, i have two points, and makayla still has one point." ivy announced.

"haha, fuck all of you." i bragged.

i shrieked as billie threw one of the couch pillows at me. i crawled over to her, reaching for her hands. "i didn't mean you, princess, i'm sorry."

"nah, fuck you." she mocked, pulling her hands away.

i moved closer to her, wrapping my arms around her, and resting my head on her's. "i didn't mean it! i'm sorry."

i felt her relax in my arms, sighing a bit. "okay, fine, i forgive you." i grinned, kissing the top of her head.

"y'all wanna watch a movie?" makayla asked.

"yeah, i'm down."

"sure."

"alright, i'll get it set up," matt offered, grabbing his tv remote. he pressed the home button, then went to netflix, clicking on his account. "what genre do we wanna watch?"

"a scary movie, for sure." billie said.

"yes! i'm always down for a good scary movie." ivy grinned.

"scary movies are my favorite." makayla smiled.

"scary movie it is." matt nodded.

we all situated ourselves on the couch, matt dimming the lights after we picked a movie.

"you scared, jj?" billie asked quietly with a small laugh.

i looked down at my arms, which were both wrapped tightly around billie's left arm as i cuddled into her. i loosened my grip. "scared?" i cleared my throat. "no, i'm not scared. i-i don't get scared."

"yeah, okay." she chuckled, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers.

the movie went on, and admittedly, i was scared. i don't fuck with scary movies. never have, never will.

me, makayla, and matt let out a scream at the jump scare, and i turned to bury my head in billie's chest. she laughed as she placed a kiss to my forehead, then whispered "what happened to 'i don't get scared'?"

i buried my face further into her chest, not daring to look back at the tv screen. even just the noise coming from the speakers sounded scary! "i lied."

she laughed again, pulling me into her lap, and holding me comforting. "it's okay, i'll protect you, baby." she told me teasingly.

"you better." i grumbled.

<~~~~~>

a/n jj, bil, matt, ivy, and makayla are an accurate representation of how me and my friends are. we stay bullying each other 💀

good night, i'm tired asf

5 left

words:
1112

ADDICTION // B.EOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara