o n e

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

i sighed as i looked at paramount high. i took a hit from my novo, slowly exhaling the smoke. i put it in my glove compartment before getting out of my car and heading into the school for my last year.

i smiled as i saw my bestfriend, matthew, walking. i came up and rested my arm on his backpack as i walked beside him, laughing when he jumped a little. "holy shit, jj! you scared the shit out of me!"

"not my fault you scare easily." i smirked.

"i do not!" he defended.

"whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy. anyways, who you got first block?"

"mrs. stringer. you?"

"same."

we continued walking until we reached mrs. stringer's room, walking inside. we quickly found our seats in the back of the classroom.

"so how are you and that girl... what was her name... paris, right?" matt asked as he set his book bag to the side of his desk.

"she was a summer fling and that's all. hell, i'd hardly call it that. honestly, i just needed someone to fuck." i shrugged.

"right. speaking of," he said, subtly gesturing towards the door. "there she is."

i looked towards the door, suppressing a groan as i confirmed that paris was in fact standing there. she smiled, walking over and sitting in the desk to my right. "hi."

"hey." i replied, but turned back to face matthew. "wasn't you talking to some girl?"

"jessie? i wanna talk to you." paris said.

i rolled my eyes and turned to face her again. "i don't, though. incase you couldn't tell, i'm trying to have a conversation here."