or.

is she suffering? is she stuck in a relationship that is destroying her? does she need me? is she lonely, does she need to be shown she's loved?

"thanks mama," i say.

she smiles at me.

i know what i need to do.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

trigger warning!!
mentions of abuse

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

i made a mistake.

it's been two weeks, and i'm absolutely miserable.

currently, i'm sitting on a couch in sway. all the boys are having a great time.

i'm staring off into no where, lost in my head.

my shoulders are slouched and i'm twiddling my thumbs. every now and then i take a deep breath.

the past two weeks, i've gone back to hanging out with anthony every day. he doesn't like when i hang out with my friends instead of him.

my friends don't approve whatsoever. i know they're right, and that i should've just listened to them the first time. but i'm stuck.

anthony and i have gotten to this stage where it's kind of like we're talking again and i can tell he's interested, but i'm trying to ghost him. but he's manipulative, so i keep texting back even though i don't want too.

"hey babe!" i hear anthony say. i look up. my face must look so dead. there's no expression on it.

"yeah," i say, monotone.

"can you get me some water?" he asks.

i sigh. i stand up and go to the kitchen.

he's going to treat me like a maid, like i'm just a housewife, forever if i stay with him. we might be able to talk to each other again, but it's clear he's in power here. every time i try and leave, he pulls me right back in.

"thanks," he says.

i sit back down.

i've been here for three hours, and no ones talked to me until just then. i want to leave.

"goodbye anthony," i say. i stand up to walk past him, towards the door.

"woah, where are you going?" he asks, and puts his hand out to stop me.

"does it matter?" i say, exasperated.

"wow. no need to upset. i'm just making sure you'll be safe, that's all," he says, offended.

"no. you're over protective and controlling," i say. i try to walk out again, but this time he grabs me.

"say that again," he challenges.