"Derek, I can't... I can't hold you anymore. I'm losing you," I heard her say to me before I get crashing down to the floor, my vision blurred and the world around me started to spin as a darkness crept towards me, "Derek? Derek. Derek..."

•••

Leo's PoV

Jared was back in the room doing god knows what, so I went to bathroom to splash my face with some water. The words from Scott and Stiles still echoed in my mind, but I was too far away and to late to even do something to help him.

Derek was gone, and there was nothing I could do to change that.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and noticed how long my hair had gotten since this all started. It wasn't to my shoulders, but it was longer and thicker than it was in my freshman year. Slowly I turned on the tap and used the cold water to splash my face, it felt good for a moment but that feeling like everything else slowly drifted away.

I reopened my eyes and I looked at my reflection. My eyes scanned my face, my mouth, nose, ears and then my eyes. I starred at them for a moment, I hopes that I could see my father's eyes starring back at me, but that's when I saw it.

A flicker of green.

My eyes glowed, not in their usually icy blue, but a new mysterious green color. However, as quickly as it came, it left.

"Probably nothing," I muttered to myself before pulling away from the mirror, I stopped and looked back at myself before walking back into the room.

"You okay?" Jared asked me,

"Go shower and change, you still smell like vomit," I snapped at him, he immediately moved off without even questioning me,

In a moment I heard the shower running, so I chose to go outside and get some fresh air. Once I got outside I walked down the walk way passed, a broken vending machine and took a seat on the flight of stairs.

"They took dad, they took Derek," I muttered to myself as I stared off into the distance, "how much more are they gonna take from me?"

"Who are you talking to?" a voice asked, I glanced over my shoulder to see Ethan walking up to me,

"No one," I muttered as I turned back,

"Okay, were you planning on sitting out here the entire night?" he asked me, I rolled my eyes internally before I stood up and walked to face him,

"Why are you suddenly so concerned about my wellbeing?" I asked him, I folded my arms at looked at the twin with impatience on my face,

We about the same height but I was an inch taller, but I knew he was stronger and faster than the others, but if I had to... I'd fight him right here to prove a point.

To prove that I'm not letting Deucalion and his cronies take anyone else.

"I told you that I wanted to be your friend," Ethan answered with a half smile,

"Until Deucalion tells you to slit my throat," I said bitterly, Ethan looked at me then looked back, and I saw the discomfort in his eyes,

"Unlikely, Deucalion told us, that we're off-limits," Ethan told me, and I became confused as to what that meant, "for now,"

"Hmm," I said softly before I moved to walk pass him, but he stepped in my path cutting me off, "what now?"

"I'm sharing a room with Danny you know," he said to me with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes,

"And? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him, as I shifted my weight from one foot to the other,

"Dude, two gay, hormonal-raging, teenagers sharing a room, what do you think?" he asked me with a smirk, to which I rolled my eyes at him , "so two's a couple, but three... that's a party,"