29. Till The Moon Is Upside Down

Start from the beginning

"When can I see daddy again?" She asked while she stood in front of the mirror, examing herself.

She never knew what she would look like if she had blonde hair. She actually liked how it suits her. She also likes how her body was well-built. What bothered her is her red eyes and her incredibly pale skin.

"When you've eaten. It's hard to control the bloodlust when you're hungry, Selene. We need to hunt." Jasper told her.

Luna groaned in frustration before making her way towards the bed and plummetting down on it.

"Is there any way I can hunt without leaving bed?" Luna asked.

What caused Jasper to close his eyes and shakes his head while he laughs is how completely innocent she sounded. Like, she was genuinely asking if there was a way.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, darlin'." Jasper said.

Luna lets out another frustrated groan before she was being pulled away from the bed and into the forest.

Not a lot was actually new since she had already experienced the enhanced speed and senses of a vampire from when she was human because of the soulmate bond she has with Jasper. Though, what she is most anxious about is the part where she has to catch something for her to eat.

As much as that sounds weird in Luna's head, she had no choice. She most definitely doesn't want to drink from actual people.

"Selene." Jasper whispered, his movements slow and steady as he eyed a target from a distance.

Luna follows Jasper's lead and her crimson red eyes landed on the clueless dear not far from them.

Images of what happened the night she got into an accident flashed into her mind like a quick slideshow. The Panic! At the Disco song. The phone call. The deer. The swiveling car. Her blood-coated body.

Jasper averted his eyes from the deer and fixated them on Luna when he felt the rising panic in her.

"What is it, darlin'?" He asked, grabbing her arm gently.

"Nothing...Let's just get this over with." Luna said.

She eyed the deer once again, its eyes catching hers and it looked like what it did when it was caught under the headlights of the car she's driving. But now, instead of avoiding the deer, she charged after it.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

"Well, one thing's for sure. I'm not gonna look at Bambi the same again." Luna said as she and Jasper were simply strolling in the woods hand in hand.

Jasper grinned at the dirty-blonde's statement. He looks at her and examined her features.

Her dirty blonde hair is gonna take some getting used to. Her previous raven black hair with blue-green streaks was a statement only Luna could pull off. One could say it's her signature look. But the blonde hair definitely shocked him.

Before she was already absolutely beautiful. Now she was ethereally gorgeous. This just proves that anything would look good in his soulmate. With that in mind, he was reminded of something.

"Come on, there's one more thing I gotta show you." Jasper said.

Luna groans before she started to complain.

"Jazzy, no more hunting, please." Luna pleaded him.

Jasper couldn't hide the smile from his soulmate's cute pleading before he responded.

"It's not hunting, don't worry. You're gonna love this." Jasper told her.

Luna narrows her eyes at the honey-blonde vampire as an amused smile appeared on her lips.