SH*12

A union I'm not hoping to last a lifetime!

Amirah_

Khalid was sitting outside the premises of Amirah's house under the garden canopy when he heard footseps approaching the canopy. She'd called him and said she wanted to talk to him, and jubilantly, he'd abandoned his work and scuttled to her house, hoping he'll hear good news from her.

Amirah joined him after saying Salam.

They sat silently for a couple of minutes before she finally spoke;

"Khalid I didn't call you here to waste your time," she hastened as if someone was chasing after her. "I've accepted your proposal." She blurted, and Khalid couldn't help but to open all his teeth wide, a particular kind of pleasure dancing on his face.

"You made me the happiest man on earth today." He grinned widely that Amirah feared his mouth might tear due to pressure.

"But you know that I'm using you right?" Is better to let him on the queue in order for him not to raise his expectations.

Khalid nodded in approval. They'll sure pass that stage gradually. He can let her use him if it means being with her. That's his dream ever since he set his eyes on her.

Amin this is for you!

Amirah couldn't ignore the prick in her heart as her face coloured with distress.

"So when do you want the wedding to take place?" Khalid asked after a brief silence had passed in their midst.

"As soon as possible." Came her abrupt answer that made Khalid smiled.

"Are you that eager?"

He'll never understand, the company needs her as soon as possible.

"Yeah, call it that, let it be next week I don't mind. Appa will never let me go out and the company now is in a shambles and needed urgent attention. Moreso, Amin's food distribution program that we just implemented won't function this month with the way things are dilating."

Khalid nodded. It's all about Amin after all. But soon, it will be about him too. Thinking of that alone made him smile. Let him have her first, that's the most difficult facet of all. Winning her over won't be a task for him, it will be the most easiest thing for him to handle than chasing after criminals and cultists. He smiled again.

"You're not saying anything, you're just smiling." Amirah casted a suspicious look towards him, "are you changing your mind about marrying me?" She mocked, and Khalid abruptly looked up to her in confusion.

"Not for anything in the world." He spouted. "What made you think I'll change my mind?"

"I was just joking," she said with a flout. "So now, when do you think is possible for you?"

Khalid sighed as he cogitated for a while. "You know I need to give you some money for clothes and jewelries shoppings, and right now I don't have enough with me."

"Don't worry about those things I don't need them I have enough to last a lifetime. I can even borrow you the money for the dowry if you want." She snapped, waving her hand dismissively, and that prompted a glare from Khalid.

"What do you take me for? You thought I can't pay for your dowry right?" He smiled. "For the fact that I don't have much doesn't mean I'm poor, and I promise I can take care of you."

"Just mocking Mr. Detective," Amirah sighed and shook her head, then looked up at the sky and landed her gaze on him. "But I'm serious I don't need anything from you except the dowry which is compulsory, and that too, you can give any amount that suits you."