"So?" He continues, glancing up at the girl who is still shaken up. He pauses for a moment before speaking again, "There is nothing for you to worry about." (Y/n) cheeks glows a bit as she stammers, "U-Uh yea... This is a cat I found injured in the alleyway and when I was healing it, I met those two guys." She eyes the dead bodies and then turn back to the cat. "It seems to have no owner and look!" She holds up the cat a way to let Feitan sees it's skeleton marked chest, "It has a skeleton! On its chest! Just like your mask!" She gasps and turns the cat around facing her, lifting it up in the air, "I will name it, Fei!" She cuddles the cat to her face, "You like it, Feitan?"

Feitan rolls his eyes, "I guess." He starts walking out of the alleyway with (y/n) walking behind. "You're keeping that thing?" "Yea! It could be our child!" Feitan grumbles, "Absolutely not." (Y/n) pouts, "It looks like you though." He puts on an annoyed face and changed the topic, "Don't run off like that. We don't have time to save you all the time." (Y/n) holds the cut, "Ok... I'm sorry." Feitan scoffs, "Still attending the party?" (Y/n) thought about it for a moment, "Well, yea. My stepmom is pretty strong and also..." (Y/n) turns her vision towards the front with a determined face, "I want to confront. I want to tell them what kind of misery they put me through! I am not letting her haunt me forever!" Feitan stares at her, "Sure..." "That's all you got to say!?" A vein pops on her forehead. He turns away with an even more annoyed look, "Oh boy..."

"Hmph! Don't you wanna hold your ch- I mean Fei." (Y/n) faces towards Feitan. Fei meows and turns it head. "No." (Y/n) frowns, "Come on, show Fei some affection!" "How about you two show each other affection and leave me out of it." (Y/n) puts the cat down for it to walk along them, "But Feitan, everybody needs affection once and a while. Don't you ever get affection-starved?" Feitan stays silent for a bit and then closes his eyes, "No." (Y/n) smiles cheekily, "Well I am starving for your attention!" "Then starve to death." Feitan walks a bit faster leaving (y/n) in the dust heart in burning pain. "Hey! That's so mean!" (Y/n) jogs with Fei running along from behind.

"Hey, Feitan?" Feitan hums in response, "Do you think... my father cares for me?" He was a bit taken back, but his stoic face barely shows it. He keeps on walking, "He abandoned you. Obviously, he doesn't care for you. Do you..." He pauses for a moment before continuing, "Care if he dies at the party?" (Y/n)'s eyes flashed open. She looks at the broken cement, layering the ground. "I don't exactly know... what if he misses me and changed?" Feitan said nothing as they both kept on walking.

"Do you have any family before the Phantom Troupe?" "No, not really..." Feitan says in a quiet, low voice. "Do you see the Phantom Troupe as family?" Feitan gives another short response, "I guess... I don't do family." (Y/n) presses her lips together and looks down at Fei, walking beside them. "Well Fei and I can be your family!" She chirps happily. Feitan sighs, "Alright." "Wait, really?" (Y/n) turns over to him in shock, "I thought you would say no or something." "Well, there's nothing I can do anyways. Your annoying ass never gives up." (Y/n) grins happily despite the harsh comment, "It doesn't matter! We're like a family of three! Pakunoda can be the grandma... wait not she looks too young for that..." (Y/n) went on and on about the family of the Phantom Troupe while Feitan picks up some of her words. His mind drowns out most of what she was saying as he stares at her running mouth. He then turns his eyes to the cat, who was looking up, interested in what she has to say. 'Family... huh?' Feitan thought in his mind. "Also..." He says as he lets go of the thought, "Why are your clothes wet?"

"You idiot! Don't go running off like that! You're lucky Feitan got in time!" (Y/n) hangs her head down in shame as Nobunaga scolds her without stopping for a breath. "That's enough, Nobunaga. She gets it now. The thing is that she's safe now." Franklin breaks in the lecture with a stern look. "I am sorry for worrying you guys." "Just don't do it again," Pakunoda says and pats her on the head. "And who's your little friend?" Paku squats down next to Fei who was sitting obediently next to (y/n)'s side. "A cat I healed in the alleyway! I named it Fei because it reminds me a lot like Feitan! See?" She points out the skeleton shaped on its chest. "Ah, I see." "Fei and I are Feitan's family too!" Phinks holds his chin, "Ohhhh, is that so?" He gazes at Feitan with a mocking look, "Shut." Feitan starts before Phinks go any farther.

"So, (y/n), feel any better about... uh you know who?" Shalnark approaches the question cautiously, "Yea, don't worry about it." (Y/n) trails off and pets Fei on the ground, "I decided I will confront my past. No matter how scary it is because... I got you guys here. Even though..." (Y/n) rubs the back of her neck, "You guys are murderers and thieves. You're more family than they can ever be." Some of the members smile at each other, "Of course. We're the Phantom Troupe! We can do whatever the hell we want!" Uvogin yells out with confidence, "Damn right." Phinks joins in and smirks. "You brought the humans out of us." Nobunaga says, "We want to thank you for that." (Y/n) grins, Yea! Just being me!" (Y/n) glances at Feitan, who was staring off into space, his mind somewhere else. She smiles faintly, "Yea... and I'll keep being me..."

"Boss, we found Bo and Joe, but... They're dead." A man bows down before his mysterious master. The mysterious man taps the side of his head, thinking and staring off into deep darkness. "How... Interesting..." He mutters to himself. "B-boss are you still going to attend the party?" "Well of course. I need a soul that will make me feel..." He sighs deeply, "Alive again. Every soul seems so bland." The man stands up from his chair, "So other people are hear in this so abandoned city too." He chuckles, staring out a broken window.  "Do we kill them?" "No. Let things be more interesting, Daro." The light traces his empty, black eyes, "I need to feel that warmth again."

I am really proud of this chapter, ngl.
The cat I am referring to is obviously the picture above, if you guys don't know yet. :D
Happy Halloween! Stay safe if you guys are going out and thank you for reading! 🎃👻🍬

-Author