Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Percy stopped running halfway to the Romanian pack mansion. He set me down on my feet and I wiped away my tears. I had hurt Jen. I had burned her. It's now going to be a permanent scar on her skin that I caused. Suddenly, my legs weren't able to support my weight and I leaned against Percy for support. He turned his head to face me.

Please don't cry, Luna. It breaks my heart to see you sad.

Well, how can I not be sad, Percy? I hurt Jen and now I'm never going to be allowed to do see them again. Not only that, but there are two psycho wolves on the hunt for me, who want to become my- I sniffled. I turned away and closed my eyes. I couldn't handle what my life had suddenly become. I saw the world going black and before I could black out Percy thought, Don't worry, Crystal. I will never leave you. I'll always be beside you and fight with you. I love you.

~~~
The next thing I knew, I was waking up in an extremely comfy bed. I opened one eye to see if anyone else was in the room. On my right, I saw Percy fast asleep in a chair, holding my hand. With him asleep, I opened my other eye and looked around the room.

This room was similar to my old one but just didn't have my belongings in it. There was a TV across from me, a little seat next to a big rectangular window There was a wooden door leading to the bathroom on the left side of the tv and in my left there was a huge sliding door closet. I saw that there were still two more doors in the room. Each on different sides of the sliding glass door closet.

One must obviously lead out into the hall, I thought to myself. But where does the other door lead to?

"Glad to see your finally awake," Percy said as he yawned.

"Yeah, you too." I looked down at my hands in my lap.

"It leads to my room."

"I'm sorry. What?" I asked.

"I was answering your unspoken question. That door on the left leads to my room."

"Oh." I looked at the door then back at him. "Why does it lead to your room?"

"Because my mother thought that since my father found her so early in his life, I would find my mate early too. So she had this door made to connect our rooms. She figured that you were anything like her, which you most definitely are, then you would want to stay in your own bed. She also attached a lock on the door."

"To keep me from escaping?" I said with a smile.

"No, to keep me from entering when I wasn't allowed. The lock is on your side of the door, so if you lock that door and your bedroom door, I would have no way to get to you without busting through an innocent wall."

"Well, I like your mother already."

Percy smiled.

Then I just realized that the first time his parents saw me was when I was unconscious. Just great.

Percy must have heard my thoughts because he laughed out loud.

"Hey! You have no right to eavesdrop on my thoughts!"

"I have as much right to listen to your thoughts just as you have complete access to mine."

I thought about looking into his mind but decided against it. It wouldn't be right.

Percy squeezed my hand and I looked up at him to meet his eyes. "Anytime you want, you can go through my thoughts, feelings, and memories. I am yours, Luna, just as you are mine. You never have to worry about me being mad at you or it not being right. We are mates. We are supposed to know more about the other person than we know ourselves."