Everything About You Resonates Happiness

The thing is... Dirk Gently never does things in halves. Or anything less than one-hundred and ten percent really. He is always over the top and bursting with energy despite his not ever knowing anything. When you have the whole of the universe basically living in your head it's hard not to be over the top. You're always over simulated and it comes out in strange ways, no, screw that, he was done thinking that he was strange. He was normal. As normal as normal can be because normal doesn't exist. He has a life, he has friends who love him for all of his absurdity. Life was great. And it felt at peace.

       But that's the thing, it shouldn't feel at peace. It should never be at peace. Something inherently was very, very wrong.

       No matter, he should enjoy his peace while it lasts.

       His hunches never lead to anything, anything other than Todd. His perfect Todd.

       It was odd, his feelings for Todd. He never had felt anything like them before.

       On cases in the past, he would inevitably start falling for his assis-friends and in truth, every single last one acted like Todd did in the beginning. So inevitably that led to him leaving. Whether it be he was straight or just weirded out with Dirk. The latter of the two was the constant though. They would leave and Dirk would be thrown into life-threatening situations alone. And him leaving inevitably led to Dirk falling deeper and deeper into a pit of despair that no one would ever love him. Ever. Never ever.

       What was different about Todd was he stayed.

       What was he thinking again? Jeez, he had three points that got brought up but he got distracted as he always does. Anyway, these three points are integral to the story today.

       One, Dirk never does anything in halves.
       Two, it was too quiet and his hunches never lead to anything but Todd.
       And three, he has feelings for Todd.

——————————

       It was a cold January morning. The types of mornings you wake up and feel the need to be close to your loved ones. Todd. Oh, lovely, lovely Todd. His perfect aqua blue eyes, his perfect wavy brown hair, his perfect smile that always follows his perfect eye-rolls.

       As he sat up and stretched he looked out the window, the sky was a bright grey and little flurries danced in the wind. He looked over at the clock on his nightstand, 11. Shit! He never slept this late! Oh, what did it matter? There wasn't any case. There hadn't been anything unusual since they got back from Bergsberg.

       He filled his kettle and put it on the stove, thinking over all that has happened, looking for any connections. Searching for hunches, nothing. There was never anything. Anything but... Todd.

       His hunches had been strange like that lately.

        Be with Todd. Go to him. Hold him. 
        Tell him .

       No, he was not doing that. That's when most of them left. He was too far in for that now.

       As he poured the steaming water into his favorite mug and got out his favorite tea he smiled. He smiled because from the apartment below, Todd's apartment, he heard the guitar.

       He didn't have a name for it, he didn't know any of the songs he ever played but he did recognize a few of them when they were played. Today he was playing one of Dirk's favorites. He liked the ones where Todd showed off his skill. And damn was he skilled. He didn't play any instruments but just listening to it he could tell how difficult and complex the song was.