\\. 21

“I know something happened,” Niall said, aggressively sipping his drink, “you’re just not saying it, you sly fuck.”

Louis shrugged and flashed a smile.

Today was another one of Louis’ dreaded, ‘take care of blondie because his busy, successful husbands are working’ day. Louis kept trying to dodge this responsibility for weeks. Zayn and Liam were taking turns calling Louis, trying to poke at the subject. They finally conjured up the genius plan to pay him heavily. How could he refuse?

Sadly, Niall chose the most annoying place for an outing. Already, his husbands send death threats to people who dare glance at their omega—so why Niall chose to go to a overcrowded mall, full of hormonal, pimple-infested teens was beyond Louis.

“So what if something did happen?” Louis smirked, keeping his eyes down.

Niall’s mouth dropped open, looking around the room crazily—letting his mind process this information in the way his brain does.

“So he kissed you!” Niall shouted victoriously, jumping out of his seat.

The waitress in their cafe nearly dropped her tray, and people walking around stopped to look over.

“Oh my god—Niall,” Louis said, head low, “sit the fuck down.”

“He kissed you.” Niall said, totally sure, settling back into his chair. “Wow, I never believed this day would come. I feel like a proud father. I shaped you into the irresistible being you are, of course, by being your best friend. You owe me some credit.”

“Yes and—well—I wouldn’t say he kissed me.” Louis shook his head, unable to contain a smile.

“He did though,” Niall persisted, “you didn’t have to say it.”

“He didn’t kiss me…,” Louis thought, trying to find a way to explain it, “per-say.”

Niall said the word ‘what?’ with his mouth, thinking again. A look of realization hit his face painfully.

“Oh god—” Niall covered his mouth, “please tell me he didn’t hit it and run. I-I’ll find him! I’ll fuck him up!”

“What?” Louis said dumbly, watching Niall stand up again.

“He is fucking with the wrong pack,” Niall screamed, pointing a finger at Louis, “I’m going to have him executed for misusing you.”

A grandmother in the booth beside them left some money and quickly left with her grandchild.

Louis could feel his cheeks burning in the worst way.