7 \\. babysitting gig

(Some day as previous chapter.) 

                          Louis sighed when his phone beeped again, another one of Harry's message being displayed on the screen.

Louis was bragging to Niall about how he hadn't received one text, but that all changed about five/six in the morning. Harry's been texting him little things, all day.

"I don't know what to do," Louis said, scanning an older woman's book for her, then handing it back with a smile. "I don't think he'll ever stop."

Niall was kneeling against the counter, resting his chin on his fingers.

"Maybe you should text him back."

"I can't do that." Louis scowled. "The texts would never end."

"Then why'd you give him your number in the first place?" Niall said, rolling his eyes.

Louis thought about it for a second. He didn't just give his number to Harry for no fucking reason. He wanted Harry to text him.

"I-I, I don't know." Louis lied, hopping out of his chair.

Niall got up and followed after Louis.

"You could call the police," Niall suggested, bumping into Louis.

"No!" Louis frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "Do you know how fucking stupid that is? He's the Prince of England. He'll have me silenced."

Louis started organizing books, Niall by his side sloppily trying to do the same. Every book Niall touched was magically fell or was harmed in some way.

"Couldn't your hubbys take you with them?" Louis frowned, watching Niall accidentally rip a few pages of a book he was holding sideways.

"They don't want me working there," Niall smiled saint-like, struggling to place books like Louis can, "I guess I'm distracting too be around. Besides, the only job I could really do was be a bitch who answers phones but they found out I was using it to order Chinese food. Plus I fucked up a couple calls by not knowing what the fuck I was doing."

"How do you not know how to answer the phone?" Louis said, lifting his brow.

"It's harder than it looks." Niall shrugged. "The only reason I stuck it out for a good four hours was because Liam was so proud. He told everyone a week ahead that I was going to be working there. They even fired the former desk-bitch. It was embarrassing."