2. To Tell An Untruth

You arrive at Hogwarts as you get your trunk and leave the corridor that Draco and his friends sat in. The thought about you being a Slytherin lingers in the back of your mind. you decide you're going to talk to Dumbledore about changing your house when you get inside the usual castle that you call home.

While walking to the Slytherin common room to drop off your trunk and owl, you reflect over your past years spent at Hogwarts.

First year, you had no idea you were muggle-born. You made fun of others who were and caused them great pain. You were great friends with Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy. Typical Slytherin.

Second year seemed to pass you by. All you remember is the one time you saw Crabbe and Draco ridicule a boy in the same year as you. You still aren't sure who the boy was. you were too far away, you couldn't make out his face.

Third year, you found out that you are Muggle-born. This changed everything. You grew distant from Draco and the rest of the gang. Although this was bound to happen, it still hit you pretty hard.

Fourth year, the people you once called best friends soon angered you with everything they did. You soon realized that there is more to it than someones blood status and what they were doing was not right. You ignored them, they got mad.

Fifth year, they all turned against you. You had no Slytherin friends. Although, you did have friends in every other house, you were so desperate you tried to talk to them but this time, they ignored you.

Now, going into sixth year, you've realized that they are the fakest people you have ever met. All you want are some real friends who are a good influence and appreciate you.

Putting your trunk and owl down in your common room, you look over at Pansy to see she is doing the same. You dust off your hands on your skirt as you turn around to head to Dumbledore's office.

"Where do you think you're going? We have to be in the great hall in 15 minutes.", She barked at you.
"Just going to the bathroom. I'll be back soon." You replied as you ran out quickly before she could say anything else.

Heading to Dumbledore's office, you realized how much of hogwarts you've never actually seen. Perhaps you've wasted your past years spent here worried over people who are not worth it and forgot to enjoy the beautiful views and great sights that hogwarts provides.

You walk up into Dumbledore's office. He appears to be talking with Professor Snape. You've always thought Snape was quite intimidating but the look he gave you when they noticed you standing in the doorway threw you off a bit.

"Ah. Miss y/l/n, how great to see you once again! Come in!" Dumbledore grinned. You've always thought how Snape and Dumbledore were such great friends and how Snape was so intimidating and Dumbledore was so kind. It reminded you of your friendship with Draco.  You couldn't help but ask yourself how Snape was so creepy but managed to make many friends for himself.

"Hello Professor Dumbledore! Pleasure to see you again. May we have a talk?" You asked, walking your way into his office.
"Of course. But make it quick, I have to attend the meeting in the great hall soon to greet the first years!" Dumbledore announced, trying to hide his excitement.
"This conversation shall conclude at a later date." Snape interrupted, waving to Dumbledore as he left the office.

"Tell me y/n, what was it you wanted to talk about?" Dumbledore said as he slowly sat down in his office chair.

"Professor Dumbledore, I think the slytherin house is no longer fit for me. I don't think this has ever happened before in the history of Hogwarts, but I have changed drastically since first year. Hopefully, you can consid-" He cut you off with the sound of his chair sliding backwards and he jumped out of it.

A silence went on that felt like an eternity

"Professor Dumbledore, I am Muggle-born."

He didn't believe you.

"To tell an untruth is forbidden here at hogwarts." Dumbledore declared.

"Professor, you suppose I would lie about being muggle-born? Putting myself in danger like that?" You objected, trying to hide how hurt you are.

Dumbledore sat there in silence. You were hoping he was reconsidering it but knew that he probably was not going to.

"I'll tell you what,I'll let you use the sorting hat ONCE more. If he gives you slytherin again, that is FINAL. If he gives you another house, you will get your trunk and move all your belongings to that house dormitory. Take a seat."  He says as you see him pick up the sorting hat from the top of a brown desktop.

"Thank you! Oh my Merlin, how could i possibly repay you?" You exclaimed as you took a seat in a dark brown, wooden chair.

"No need for that. Are you ready?" Dumbledore asked as the hat was hovering over your head.

"Ready as I'll ever be." You assured as you felt the hat touch against your scalp. Your heart raced as you prayed not to get slytherin once more.

"Not slytherin, eh? Well let's see what we have here..." the hat hummed while you sat there fiddling with your thumbs, "I have just the right house for you..." he added in.

You held your breath.

All of a sudden, the sorting hat blurted out the answer.