[7]

"Ok, boys

"Ok, boys. Break time's over, ok?" Flynn came back in, clapping her hands, "get to playing. Mama needs her eye candy."
"They're gone." Julie informs her, "I think I just unleashed three angry ghosts on the world."
"That is most definitely what you just did." I say, earning a sassy head tilt and pout from Flynn.

"But, I think I know where they're going. Come on."

//////////

The three of us snuck down the stairs and to the front door of the giant mansion, Flynn tripping over her own feet. We rung the door bell, as Carrie was soon opening the door.

"Hey!" The three of us said at the same time.

"What are you three doing here? How's you get over the security gate?"
"Teamwork." Julie chuckled, as I gave Carrie a so not suspicious smile.
"Do you have a band-aid? The barbed wire's new."

"What do you want?" Carrie asked, a hand on her hip.
"Uh...just thought you should know that Julie's band is playing at the dance tonight." Flynn lightly chuckled.
"Now you know!" I smiled, doing very small jazz hands.

"You guys are acting weirder than usual."
"Probably because we're thirsty. Can we come in for a glass of water?" Julie asked.
"Ugh. Fine, if it'll make you leave faster." Carrie rolled her eyes, letting us in.

"Don't break anything."

Carrie went into the kitchen, and we went the opposite direction towards the living area.

"Where are you?"
"I'm...I'm right here."

Nick. We stopped and my eyes widened, slowly turning around. There he was on the sofa. Nick.
We chuckled awkwardly, not thinking anyone would be there.

"Nick! Look, Flynn, Case, it's Nick. Nickster, Nicky-poo, Nick-a-licious."
"Oh my god. Stop." I whispered to Julie.

"Hey! Glad you're here Nicky-poo." Flynn chuckled, "we wanted to tell you that Julie's band is playing at the dance."
"Oh yeah. No. I...I saw your post." Nick sat up.

"These girls bothering you babe?" Carrie asked from the kitchen.
"No, just telling us about the dance tonight."
"Right. Julie and her hologram band are playing. How'd you learn how to do all that hologram stuff anyways?" Carrie questioned, handing us glasses of water that she carried through on a tray.
"The internet. It's not just full of makeup tips."

Carrie's head snapped back to look at us at that last comment. Oops.

"Uh...what do..what do you say, babe?" Nick broke the tension.
"Sure. Let's check out the hologram show." Carrie sat down next to her boyfriend.
"Great, um...I'll make sure all my buddies are there."
"Ooh! How exciting. That's a lot of people staring at you." Carrie taunted, "you girls remember where the door is, right?"
"Yeah." Julie said, spilling her water as she did, "oh my gosh. I am so sorry! No, no, no, no. I know where the towels are. I'll get it." She stopped Carrie from getting up, passing Flynn her glass, "Case! Come with?"
Julie grabbed my hand, taking me with her.

"Come on." She whispered, sneaking upstairs with me following.

//////////

"So, I hear you and Luke had a thing."Julie said while we were searching the rooms upstairs.
"Uh, not really. I mean feelings were there but nothing ever happened."
"You still like him, don't you?"
I didn't say anything.
"It's okay if you do. He clearly likes you." Julie continued.
"I mean, I guess I might. But if you do then I say go for it. He'd be stupid not to like you." I smile at her, which she returns.
"It would be stupid for me to get between you two. Now come, they're clearly not up here."

Julie begins leaving the room and making her way to the stairs but, before I follow, I smile at the thought of Luke liking me.

1993

"Case, what are you on about? Star Wars is amazing!" Reggie exclaimed.
"It's just not my sort of film." I defended, slightly laughing as we walked down the dimly lit path.

"Oh! Oh! See those two there?" Reggie pointed at two boys leaning against the wall of a building.
"Yeah."
"I need you to meet them."
"Are they just random people?" I ask, slightly concerned but also entertained.
"No! It's Alex and Luke."
"Oh right. Okay, okay sure." I say, remembering the countless times he's mentioned them.

"Hey guys!" Reggie greeted, with his usual smile.
"Hey." Both of them greeted back.
"Guys, this is Casey. Casey, this Alex,"He pointed at a handsome, blonde boy who wore a backwards cap and a pink T-shirt, "and this is..."
"I'm Luke." He stuck his hand out to me, showing his teeth as he smiled at me.

I took his hand and smiled back, "nice to meet you both. Reg has told me a lot about you."
"Yeah, he always tells us about you too." Alex smiles between me and Reggie.

2020

"So, did you guys have fun in there?" Julie asked once we had gotten outside where the guys were.
"Ok, you'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs." Luke argued, zipping up his jeans.
"But you have new songs. With me. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great. And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs."
"And tours. I know." Luke said, stepping forward.

"I'll see you guys at the school. We go on at 9:00. Please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there." Julie pleaded.
"We got it, alright? Dont worry." Alex reassured.

"You guys better not screw this up for her, okay? This is really important." I lightly warn them.
"Case," Luke stepped closer to me, taking one of my hands in his, "I promise, we'll be there for her."

//////////

"Casey! How was your day with the living?"
"It was pretty good, as always." I reply, sitting on the counter top.
"Be careful though, you know what happens if you slip up."
"I know, I know. It all gets taken away from me. You've told me before, Caleb." I hop off, heading to one of the back rooms to put on something a little nicer for tonight.

" I hop off, heading to one of the back rooms to put on something a little nicer for tonight