"i was so nervous to talk to you again in person," i admit. she gives me a pout.

"why? because i'm absolutely awful on the inside?"

we both laugh again. "no! well, i mean, now i know that so yes, but no. i thought you were gonna think i was just some girl who stalked you."

"i mean, you are," she says, in a matter-of-fact kind of way.

i roll my eyes. "am not. you just happen to be 'famous' so unfortunately, everyone knows everything," i say.

she nods. "very true. and i don't think you're weird or anything. i happen to think you're very pretty on the inside."

i smirk. "and very pretty on the outside?"

she shakes her head but smiles. "yes."

we laugh again.

"well, going back to before...how are things with anthony?" i say.

she sighs.

"not good," she says.

my chest feels tight and my thoughts are torn. on one hand, i obviously want her to be happy and if that's with anthony, so be it. but i've come to realize i really do see her as someone i want to be with romantically, not platonically.

"what happened?" i say gently.

she tells me how anthony took her to her least favorite place, and how they couldn't even talk to each other. and then, she tells me how he didn't know what her favorite color was.

"i mean, seriously?! it's been five months and we've known each other for over a year," she says, and then looks around. she picks up the bouquet. "and then look at you! you walk into my life out of no where, and buy me this big ass assortment of purple flowers, and make me laugh, and give me good advice."

i get butterflies.

"you've really shown me everything anthony should be, and how he's not that."

i take a deep breath. this might be a bad idea.

"so...just for clarity...um...publicly, i've only ever seen you date guys and i was wondering...if," i stutter through.

she looks confused, but then says, "if i like girls?"

"you don't have to answer if you don't want to, i'm sorry, it was a very personal question—," i start.

"i'm bisexual," she says with a smile. "and don't worry. pretty much everyone i know knows. and one day my fans will know. it's not a big secret."

i sigh in relief. "ok."

"you?" she says, and she sounds curious.

"yeah. i'm pansexual," i answer.

she nods.

"um, i'm still with anthony though."

my heart sinks.

i look down.

"i'm sorry i just though that—i'm sorry."

"totally fine."

we sit in silence for a few moments. but i glance over at avani, and i can tell she's really not upset.

i relax a bit.

"we probably won't be for much longer though," she says out of no where.

i take a second to think about my response.

"if that's what's best for you, than i support," i say.

she nods. "it's just not working for us anymore. i keep giving him chances, but he just fucks it up. and anyway, we can't talk anymore. i told you that on friday. we've just forgotten how. i could never have a conversation with him like we just did. which is bad, especially in a relationship," she says.

"i agree."

"i know you do," she says, grinning.

"oh really?" i say, taken aback.

"mhm."

i just keep staring at her, giving her an "explain" look.

"wha—really? oh come on cassandra," she says rolling her eyes playfully.

"you sound like my mom," i say and turn away from her.

she grabs the shoulder that is closest to her and tries to turn me around. after a failed attempt, i turn myself around and face her.

she tilts her head and i see her eyes and smile soften, like she could just stare at me for hours.

i realize i'm probably doing the same to her right now.

"i could just look at you forever, you know," she says.

i feel my cheeks begin to get red.

"seeeee you like meeee," she says.

my jaw drops, again.

"that was not fair to do to me. you cannot play with my emotions like that," i say, with a hint a hurt in my voice.

she stops laughing and i see her tense up. then she looks back over at me.

"who said i was playing?"

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
this chapter is long af.
but like wow. they need to get together rn
lmk what y'all think♥️