I don't know how I'm going to tell him I read the letter, because it's obvious he didn't plan for anyone else to know it existed. This letter changes everything, and I think it changes it for the better.

I continue to look at the words until I see feet coming towards me, and look up to find an anxious Eleanor rushing over. Before I know what I'm doing, I'm lifting the pile of Harry's possessions off my lap and moving it to the seat beside me, standing up to meet Eleanor.

'Sophie! I'm so sorry. I had lunch with Niall and Louis and then I went to walk the dogs and I missed your calls and their texts because I left my phone at home and I'm really so sorry I didn't come here sooner and I can't believe that the one time I left my phone at home something like this would happen, is he going to be okay?' She rambles, pulling me into a warm hug.

'It's alright, don't worry about it. You couldn't have known this was going to happen.' I reply, attempting to sound stronger than I do, and she squeezes me tighter. Eventually she pulls away, keeping her hands on my shoulders, expectantly waiting for a response to her question. 'I don't..we don't know if he's going to be okay.' I mumble, my eyes losing their contact with hers and moving to look at the ground. I instinctively reach up to touch the necklace, realising it's become my biggest habit. It's my little piece of Harry.

'Oh Sophie.' She breathes gently, pulling me in for another hug. I think I'm being pitied again. 'He's going to be okay.' She comforts. Everyone keeps saying that, but they don't know that. They didn't watch him collapse and become unconscious. Nobody saw what he looked like when the colour drained from his face as though it was water falling down glass. They didn't watch him regain consciousness, only to have no idea what was going on. They didn't get asked what drugs he'd taken, and hear all the possible reasons for his collapse. They weren't there when they took him out of my apartment door, doing everything they could to hide the disoriented celebrity from any oncoming cameras. I'm not angry at her, or at anyone else, just at myself for being so blind to everything he was going through.

Eventually, Eleanor pulls away. 'I brought some clothes and some other things for you. You don't have to use any of it, but I just didn't know how long you'd be here for and I guessed you might not want to leave.' She smiles reassuringly, passing me a large black leather bag.

'Thank you so much.' I manage to smile, taking the bag from her outstretched hand. She's too kind. 'That's so thoughtful of you.'

'Really, it's my pleasure.' She smiles again, but I can tell there's sadness and fear in her eyes. She feels the same as I do, but she's obviously trying to stay strong for me.

Our moment is cut short when the doctor who introduced herself earlier as Dr. Atkins, comes up beside me, placing a gentle hand on my arm. Everyone is treating me like I could shatter at any second, which I probably could, but I hate being pitied and it's the look plastered on everyone's faces.

'Sophie? Would I be able to talk to you, or is this a bad time?' She asks.

'Of course.' I say, and follow her down the hall to a meeting room. When I realise where we're going, my heart sinks.

Meeting rooms aren't where they take people to share positive updates on someone's recovery. They take people to meeting rooms when something bad has happened and they don't want someone to break down in a public area. She walks with an emotionless look on her face and relaxed shoulders, all while I'm being completely consumed by darkness beside her. I think she's about to deliver me the worst news of my life.

Every footstep I take down the hall feels so much heavier than it should, and I'm dreading reaching the room because it means she's going to talk. I can't swallow the lump in my throat fast enough before another one forms, and the beating in my heart is so fast I can hear it in my ears.