"Ready?"

Ellie gulped nervously as she looked back at Hermione who mouthed, "Be careful." The Hufflepuff gave an uneasy smile and refocused her attention to the Snitch.

"Ready," Ellie replied in a shaky voice.

Within seconds, all three of the boys were airborne. Ellie mounted her broom frantically, pleading silently for it to rise. After a few failed attempts, the broom raised itself upwards, jerking Ellie along with it. An exhilarating thrill took over her as she was climbed higher in the sky, her broom wobbling unsteadily. She soon rose to just below cloud level, looking down at the playing field before her.

The stillness of the sky was cut by the piercing sound of a Bludger heading straight for Ellie. Her reflexes took over at the last moment as she ducked, barely missing the ball by a few inches. She looked in the direction where it had came from, only to see Fred with a wide grin.

Ellie's eyes scanned the sky again, looking for the golden sphere. The clear skies made it easy, and she soon caught a glimpse of the Snitch. She dove down in its direction, her broom bringing her closer and closer to it. Harry suddenly appeared beside her, his arm outstretched for the ball. Although Ellie's broom was slightly faster, Harry's reach were leveled with that of hers. They both strained for the Snitch, leaning their entire bodies forward. The Bludger came towards them again, causing both of them to duck their heads. They continued to race quickly, their brooms bringing them to tremendous speeds.

Harry glanced at Ellie who seemed to be gaining more speed, bringing her closer to the Snitch. With a hesitant expression, Harry bumped his shoulder against his opponent's in an attempt to distract her. The Hufflepuff's broom wobbled from the loss of balance, and Ellie's inexperience couldn't keep up.

Ellie felt herself fall from five stories, panic surging over her. She frantically grabbed her broom and cradled it as if the wood could protect the loud crack that erupted from her back. As the wind was knocked from her lungs, the players took notice and dashed to ground level.

She laid there, her mind partly conscious as she continued to hug her broomstick. Although disoriented, she was surprised to feel that she nothing--no pain nor discomfort. She groaned from the sudden change of pace, opening her eyes slightly to see her friends surrounding her.

"Bloody hell, Ellie. You can take a hit," George frowned.

"I thought you died!" Fred exclaimed, only earning him a smack on his arm from Hermione, who wiped the sarcasm from his face.

"Ellie! Ellie! Are you okay? I am so sorry!" Harry urged in a panic, his fingers gripping his hair stressfully.

With a weak smile, Ellie held up her fist in the air, opening it to reveal the Golden Snitch. "I caught it."

"Merlin's beard, I'm getting deja vu!" Ron raised his eyebrows in shock.

"The Snitch doesn't matter! I thought I heard something break," Hermione said worriedly, bringing her hands to Ellie's body, gently checking for any bruises.

"Something definitely broke," Ron agreed.

Ellie propped herself up on her elbows, setting her broom aside and giving the Snitch to George, who took it back to the box.

"I feel completely fine. Seriously, nothing hurts," Ellie replied honestly.

"That's impossible!" Hermione claimed.

"I truly am so sorry, Ellie. I should have never rushed you in the first place," Harry mumbled as his eyes filled with regret. "It was my fault. With the way you were flying, I completely forgot you had no experience."

"I said I'm fine," Ellie said confidently as she stood up with Ron's help.

"How in the bloody hell are you still alive? A fall like that would've had you in the infirmary for months." Ron questioned.

"Luck, I guess," Ellie replied innocently. She played with the ring on her finger, silently thanking her father for his protection.

Hermione ran her hand through her curls in worry, but Ellie was quick to notice and placed a reassuring palm on her arm.

"I told you I'm fine, Hermione. There's no need to worry."

"But it's not that. Now I have two people to worry about during Quidditch matches. Harry is quite the attractor of injuries. I have a feeling he won't be alone in the infirmary," Hermione said shakily.

"I'll be okay. And plus, nothing is bleeding," Ellie replied in an optimistic voice.

"We're going to be in so much trouble," Ron muttered.

"If Mum doesn't find out, she'll never know," Fred replied with a wink.

"Why don't we have Ellie stay here? We have to make sure she doesn't dissolve overnight," George suggested.

"Brilliant idea, Fred. Uh- I mean, George," Harry corrected.

"Sounds like a plan. I'm just going to head inside to freshen up," Ellie announced, but was stopped by a gentle grip on her arm.

It was Ron, his eyes full of worry. "Do not say a word about this to our parents. You're okay, right?"

"Don't worry, I won't," Ellie assured before breaking free from his grip. "I feel more than just okay."

Ellie proceeded to walk away from the group, their faces still stunned at her ability to walk. She turned around for a second and gave a wink to Hermione, indicating for her to follow. It wasn't long before Ellie went inside that Hermione had excused herself as well.