"I missed you too, Daddy," Suki hugged him.

Bumi cupped the back of her head in both his hands, "What are you doing here? How are you here? I...I thought you were dead.'

"It's a complicated story Daddy," Suki said. "But I'm here. I promise it's me."

Bumi hugged her tight, rocking her, "Oh Spirits, my baby is alive. Thank the Spirits."

Suki closed her eyes, letting her father hold her, knowing he needed it.

Bumi finally let her go after a minute.

Suki looked at him, seeing the tears staining his face.

She smiled at him.

"Daddy, grandmother, grandfather, and Mama are all in trouble," Suki said

"I know," Bumi said mournfully. "I got a transmission a month ago, but I haven't had permission to intervene. I'm so sorry baby."

Suki hugged him, "It's some meathead named Taru and some people from the other nations."

"Taru?" Bumi muttered.

"Do you know that name?" Suki asked.

Bumi stood up and dug through his desk, "Not him specifically, but I knew his father, sort of."

"What do you mean?"

Bumi pulled out an aged folder, "His name is Takai, he was arrested by your Grandfather and Grandpa Aang for crimes against the United Forces and--"

Suki looked at Bumi when he cut himself off.

"He was a very bad man," Bumi muttered, looking at the folder. "He believed in keeping the nations separated, including the people themselves."

"On my first deployment, he ambushed my unit and tried to kill me."

Suki's eyes widened, "Is Taru going to kill Mama? Or Grandmother and Grandfather?"

"I don't know," Bumi admitted. "But right now. I have to figure out what Taru's up too. He's made threats before, but he never went through with them."

Suki nodded faintly, covering her legs with the blanket on the bed.

Bumi growled, "I wish I could have done something sooner!"

"It's not your fault, Daddy," Suki said. "You can't control what happens."

Bumi looked at her and his eyes softened.

"I tried protecting everyone, but I just couldn't, and there's nothing wrong with that," Suki said.

Bumi sighed, "How did I produce a kid so smart?"

Suki smiled a bit.

"You look tired," Bumi said.

Suki shrugged, she didn't want to admit it, but she was exhausted after her journey here.

"Are you hungry, Baby Girl?" Bumi asked.

"A little," Suki admitted quietly.

Bumi kissed her head, "I'll be right back."

Suki nodded, watching her father run out of the room.

Bumi headed below deck. He felt his pulse leap when he saw exactly who he hoped to.

"Iroh!" Bumi called, seeing Iroh walking in the opposite direction of him.

Iroh seemed to freeze, before continuing on more briskly.

"Iroh," Bumi groaned, running after his son.

He grabbed the young man's arm and spun him towards him.

"What is it Commander Bumi?" He muttered angrily.

"Iroh, I know you're mad at me, but I need you to come to my cabin, now," Bumi said, sounding more like he was pleading over ordering.

"Why should I?" Iroh spat. "Are you just going to tell me that my mother was killed a week ago as well?"

"No," Bumi shook his head. "No, Iroh, please. Please come to my cabin. I need you to see something."

Iroh glared at him and grunted, "Fine."

Bumi smiled and hugged him tight, lifting him off the ground.

Iroh grunted but didn't seem to resist the hug.

Bumi quickly grabbed some food and water from the cafeteria and led Iroh to his cabin.

Bumi was practically running while Iroh was a good three feet behind him.

He slowly followed his father to the cabin, his slippers scrapping against the boards of the deck.

Bumi waited at the top of the staircase outside his cabin door.

Iroh stepped up onto the platform with him.

"Brace yourself," Bumi said.

Iroh raised a brow.

Bumi opened the door and stepped aside.

Iroh wasn't looking up, still feeling ashamed of burning his father's desk.

"Do you finally get to get rid of that stupid haircut since you ranked up?"

Iroh felt his heart jump into his throat.

He looked at Suki, who was standing on the bed, saluting her brother.

Tears filled his eyes, "Suki!"

She squealed when Iroh picked her up off the bed and hugged her tight.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

"You're alive!" He cried.

Bumi watched them with a wide smile.

Bumi yelped in surprise when Iroh grabbed him by the chest of his pajama shirt and yanked him into the hug.

He smiled, wrapping his arms around his children, "At least I can hold both of you in my arms."

"How did you get here?" Iroh asked Suki.

"That's my secret," Suki giggled.

Iroh smiled and kissed her head.

"Commander," Zun entered the room and stopped short.

Bumi and the young royals looked at him.

Zun looked at Iroh, noticing Suki in his arms.

He saluted, "My apologies sir, but there's a transmission for you coming through."

Bumi sighed, but nodded.

He kissed Suki's head then Iroh's, though he knew Iroh had begged him to stop years ago.

"I'll be back," Bumi followed Zun. "Watch your brother Suki."

"Yes sir," Suki saluted.

Iroh chuckled.

He sat down on Bumi's bed, still holding Suki in his lap.

Suki looked up at her brother.

"I've missed you so much Kitty," Iroh smiled at her, tears running down his cheeks.

Suki cupped her hands around his cheeks, something their mother used to do when they cried.

"I missed you too, Roro."

Iroh touched his forehead to hers.

"Sin's pretty," Suki whispered.

Iroh gave her a playful glare and started tickling her.

She shrieked and started laughing, trying to fight him off.

"That's what you get," He chuckled.

He was so happy, he actually had forgotten all his anger. He hadn't felt this at ease since he left.