mikey walsh~the goonies

a/n: i was watching the goonies with my 5 year old brother and then i remembered when i was five i was in LOVEEE with mikey LOL

it was 1985, that year i went on a crazy adventure with my buddies mikey-the guy i had been in love with for 5 years-, mouth, data, chunk, mikeys older brother brandon (brand), andy, and stef (brands kind of friends i guess). we were searching for the lost treasure of one-eyed willy god that was a crazy adventure. i remember that whole trip vividly but there's one specific memory i always remember.

i was with andy and stef i had actually gotten quite close with them and confided in them that i liked mikey no one else knew. after all who was i gonna tell mouth data or chunk?? they'd definitely tell mikey. the boys were in a separate area to use piss or whatever. us girls were already done and we were just talking amongst ourselves.

"should i call brand over i really wanna kiss him" andy said in a daze of some sort

"well sure" stef said smirking

"yeah yeah we'll wait over here" i said

"great! thanks guys!" andy said and stef and i waited behind a rock

"brands been gushing over andy forever now mikey and i always spy on him talking to himself about her" i whispered to stef giggling

"no shit really" stef said laughing she was really amused. we heard andy calling for brand and when he came stef and i both realized it wasn't brand... it was mikey.

"uh oh" stef said as andy kissed mikey i felt the tears in my eyes form i know we weren't dating but i was in love with mikey! i didn't care if we were only 13 i knew that i loved him.

"shit y/n im sorry" stef said noticing i was crying.

"what" i said wiping my tears "oh no its fine really we weren't dating or anything plus i don't think he likes me anyways"

"that's ridiculous he definitely does" she smiled at me "come on"

"so how was it" stef asked andy

"oh it was great but there's one think i don't remember brand having braces" she said making stef laugh. i mentally rolled my eyes and we continued our adventure i was walking far ahead of the group and mikey kept trying to talk to me but i was ignoring him. i knew it wasn't really his fault but i was mad and petty.

"y/n!" he said running up to me i ignored him "y/n!" i ignored him again he caught up to me and said "why are you being so cold?" everyone else was pretty far behind us so we stopped

"i'm not" i said bluntly

"yes you are what did i do?" he asked confused "wait is this about me kissing andy i didn't mean for that to happen honest she initiated it" i just looked away "it is isn't it listen y/n i um really like you and i kinda wished that it was you" i looked over at his he was messing with his hands and looking at his feet.

"really?" i asked my eyes widening he looked up at me.

"uh yeah if you don't feel the same way though that's okay i gue-" before he could finish i placed my hands on his cheeks and pulled him in for a kiss it wasn't a very long one it was about 30 seconds but it was heaven.

"i've been waiting for that for 5 years" i said

"me too" he said interlacing his finger with mine. we waited for the rest of the group to catch up then we continued the journey and found the treasure saving mikeys house!

a/n: kinda proud of this ngl 😳