mike wheeler~stranger things

A/n: idk why I just rlly wanted to write another one about him HAHAH
Title: Jealous

Y/n and mikes relationship had been very rocky lately. The two of them had started dating after mike had thought el was gone forever. She had thought from the beginning that she was just a rebound but she tried to keep those thoughts out of her head. Mike had always been the insecure one in the relationship saying 'you could have anyone you want why would you want to be with me'. Y/n was extremely pretty, not very popular since she hung out with mike, will, Dustin, Lucas, max, and el but she was still very beautiful. Mike kept leaving her to hang out with el and it was getting on her nerves.

"Hey y/n" mike said over the phone.

"Hi mike" she said "are you still coming over"

"Uh yeah about that I was wondering would it be okay if I went to el's?" He asked.

"Do whatever you want" she said clearly annoyed "I don't care, I don't care"

"I'm sorry it's just I haven't seen her in so long an-" he started.

"Don't even tell me" she said before hanging up the phone. "He's definitely cheating on me" she said to herself. She decided to just call max and ask her to hang out instead. They decided to go to the mall.

"These are cute!" Max said pointing to some shorts.

"Yeah they are" y/n said rather down.

"Hey are you okay?" Max asked.

"Yeah its just everytime i ask mike to hang out he's always busy with el" she said el with an extra emphasis. "I mean I love el it's just-"

"It's just what?"

"I don't know I think he might be cheating on me or something"

"I mean I get that he's always hanging out with her, but what makes you think he's cheating?"

"He hasn't kissed me at all since el came back" y/n said. Max raised her eyebrows. Mike was a very touchy person and used to kiss y/n all the time. The rest of their friends would always be grossed out and make through up noises.

"I've noticed that he hasn't kissed you in front of us but I thought that was from the incessant bullying" max said.

"Nope he hasn't kissed me once" y/n said "and we hardly ever hang out just us, we've hung out alone maybe once since el's been back"

"But do you really think he's cheating on you?" Max asked.

"Yes" y/n said. "But it's whatever I just don't really want to talk about it, let's go to the record store yeah?" Max just nodded her head in agreement.

"Hey don't be down okay?" Max said smiling and putting her arm around y/n's shoulder. She nodded her head. The two of them walked to the record store and on the way there they saw mike and el. "What the hell"

"What-" Y/n said turning to see them.

"Nothi-" Max started.

"That asshole!" She yelled causing people on the second floor to look over at them.

"Hey hey calm down" max said. "I don't know why he brought her here he's always saying how he doesn't want her to go out"

"Yeah I know" y/n said rolling her eyes. "Can we just go"

"Yeah sure" the two of them went down the escalator and left. When y/n got home she just cried. Mike tried to call her later on but she told her mom to say she was asleep. Y/n didn't wanna get up the next day. It was a Monday. She hated Mondays. Especially when it wasn't summer. She dragged herself out of bed and got ready for school. She got a granola bar and headed out the door. Usually she would wait for mike and they'd walk together but she didn't feel like waiting for him today. They usually biked but y/n's bike was broke right now so he didn't ride his either. She walked at a faster pace then usual. She was so frustrated with everything. Mike saw her practically speed walking ahead of him and he ran up to her.

"Y/n wait up!" He called out. She turned around to look at him and started running away from him. "What are you doing?!" She didn't answer she just kept running. She kept running all the way to school, the school was really close to her house so it wasn't a very long distance to run. She saw max and ran up to her out of breath.

"Did you run all the way here??" Max said laughing.

"Yes...was running away from... mike" y/n said out of breath.

"Here" max said handing y/n some water.

"Thanks" y/n said back. "I need to go get something from my locker before my first class come with me" y/n dragged max with her hoping to not get seen by mike.

A frantic mike was looking everywhere for y/n. He didn't know what he had done wrong. He spotted Max's red hair and tried to catch up to her to ask her if she had seen y/n or knew what was up, but he lost her in the crowd.

Y/n and max had made it to y/n's locker after shoving lots of people out of the way. Y/n got the book she needed for her first period and she was about to leave when mike approached her. He stared at max for a good minute before she finally took the hint.

"Okay fine I'll leave" she said.

"What the hell y/n why did you run away from me?" Mike said

"Maybe because I saw you and el at the mall yesterday when you always say how she 'cant go out'"

"Y/n she really wanted to go and I just took her because she has never been and-"

"I don't really want to know" she said. Mike didn't really know what to say.

"Y/n I'm sorry okay? I know our relationship has been bad since el came back and i really am sorry it's just I missed her a lot and I just want to spend time with her" he said holding her hands in his. She looked away from his eyes that were staring back at her and yanked her hands from his.

"Just leave me alone" she said and turned to walk off.

"Y/n please wait" he called as she walked away. The bell rang loudly he would just have to wait till he saw her at lunch.

Time skip to lunch*

Y/n was sitting by herself instead of where she typically sat with the rest of her friends. Max explained to Dustin, will, and Lucas that it was just because she was upset with mike. Mike passed by the table everyone else was sitting at to go talk to y/n. "Trouble in paradise?" Lucas asked laughing. Mike flipped him off.

"So uh how's your day been?" He asked awkwardly.

"Don't ask me how my days been just leave me alone jesus" y/n said rolling her eyes. (IM SORRY IM TRYING TO USE AS MANY LYRICS FROM THE SONG AS I CAN)

"No please talk to me" he said grabbing one of her hands. She looked up at him with a look of immense anger.

"You know what mike I'm jealous" she said. He looked at her with a weird look. "You've been spending ALL your time with el, hell you haven't been hanging out with me or our other friends! You've only been spending time with her! I missed el too, we all did but you haven't barely even TALKED to me since she got back let alone kiss me which you always used to do and so yeah I do have a right to be a little upset with you" Mike leaned in and kissed her causing them to get stares from all around. "Stop that! Your causing a scene" she whisper yelled.

"Im sorry y/n I didn't know you felt that way" he said placing one of his hands on her cheek.

"Yeah well maybe learn how to pick up signs you idiot" she said. Mike put his arm around her and she layed her head in his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head and she smiled. She was still pissed at him but she had really missed him.