charlie dalton~dead poets society

A/n: ur knox's twin in this btw & it's the summer before sophomore year😩

Anyone who know anything knows that Charlie Dalton is the biggest flirt you'll ever meet. He'll flirt with any girl he sees.

Y/n and Knox Overstreet have been close with Charlie for a number of years. They had met because of their parents but they ended up being best friends. Their parents had practically betrothed Charlie and y/n, but Charlie could not win her heart.

The truth was she really liked him, and despite his constant flirtatious comments towards her she never accepted his advances. He was like that with every girl, she didn't think she was any different. Knox had always told her that Charlie truly did actually like her but she never believed him.

They had just gotten out for summer vacation a week ago and Knox and y/n's parents were having a party. Of course, Charlie would he there. But so would their other close friend, Neil Perry. Their parents were also close with the Perry's. She had gotten a new dress for the occasion. It was really beautiful black dress. It was a short tight fitting dress with crystal detailing and crystal underwire. She usually hated these parties but she was excited about this one just so she could show off her dress.

She was in her room softly brushing out the curls in her hair. She had just finished doing her makeup. Her mom was telling her to get downstairs because the party had already started. She applied some perfume, looked in the mirror and headed downstairs. When she got downstairs she instantly made eye contact with Charlie who was at the bottom of them talking to Neil and Knox. The boys noticed him looking at something so they looked up to see her.

"Wow y/n that dress is beautiful" neil said to her she she got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed.

"She basically begged mom and dad to let her get that dress, they thought it was inappropriate" Knox said.

"Well i could say a few things about that dress but I think I'll hold back" Charlie said smirking. Knox scowled at him.

"No say them Charlie, i would LOVE to hear them" she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Well for starters it makes your-" he started before Knox interrupted him.

"She was kidding!" Knox said.

"It was nice seeing you Charles" she said before walking away.

"Always a pleasure" he said in return. She looked back and smiled at him shaking her head.

"Man Charlie if you're trying to make her like you, you're doing a really bad job" Neil said. 

"What do you mean! I complimented her!" He exclaimed.

"Well she doesn't want those type of compliments" Knox said.

"And how would you know Knoxious" he replied.

"Well you know, I am her brother" he said rolling his eyes.

"Why don't you say she looks beautiful or something instead of complimenting her body" Neil said.

"But every girl likes being complimented on their body" Charlie said turning to Neil.

"Yeah well not all the time" Neil said exasperated.

"You didn't hear this from me but she actually really likes you. She doesn't like how you flirt with every girl. She says it's like an ick of something" Knox said. Charlie looked over at her. She was talking with some girls and laughing. He though she had the most beautiful smile.

"Well how am I supposed to get her to go out with me then!" He said.

"Just ask her if she'll go out with you and sound sincere, like she's not just one of your conquests" Neil said. Knox nodded in reply.

"Okay well I'm going in" Charlie said taking a deep breath. He walked up to y/n and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Could I talk to you for a minute?" He asked her.

"Yeah sure what's up?" She asked him turning away from the group.

"Somewhere more private?" He continued. She grabbed his hand leading him to her room.

"So what do you need to talk about?" She said closing the door behind her.

"Well I uh I just wanted to ask you something" he said nervously.

"Well what is it" she said chuckling. The two sat on her bed.

"Knox told me that you like me" he said.

"He WHAT?!" She said upset.

"No wait!" He said "I really like you too! That's why I asked about you"

"Wait what" she said.

"I really like you, and only you. I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life." He said making her blush. "I know it seems like I say that to everyone but truly I really like you. And I really really want to take you out on a date"

"I don't know Charlie" she said grinning at him. "I think this might make our parents too happy"

"I think it'll be okay" he said smirking at her.

"How do I know you really want to go out with me?" She asked.

"Believe me, I do." He said.

"Well, okay charlie" she said. He looked at her for a minute smiling before kissing her right on the lips surprising her. After that he quickly got up.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'll be right back" he said calmly before sprinting down the stairs.

"She said yes!" She could hear him exclaim downstairs. She smiled to herself. He was something else.

A/n: I'm sorry this is like really short but like wtv 😰