Chapter 8: Emergency Quest

Start from the beginning

"Did they kill it by themselves?!"

"Was that spider just big and stupid?"

"If it's that's bastard equipment it's possible that he could take down a C-rank boss. If two D-rankers and an E-ranker beat it that's all the evidence."

"Yoo Jin-Ho! I searched you up because your equipment was flashy and you turned out to be the son of someone great." Hwang Dong-Suk said. "Yoo Jin-Ho architectures chairman Yoo Meong-Han. Your father right?"

"S-So what?" Jin-Ho stammered.

"I want to talk about something with your father. We'll give you a chance if you... kill Sung Jin-Woo."

"What!?"

"Kill Sung Jin-Woo and join our group. That's the only way for you to live. Otherwise, you'll all die by our hands."

The other members pulled out their swords and readied their weapons. The atmosphere became tense quickly. Jin-Ho glanced at the two people behind him nervously.

"Don't worry. You only need to kill Sung Jin-Woo. For Han Seung-Eun, we'll take care of him." Hwang Dong-Suk smiled sinisterly.

Concurrently, Jin-Woo raised his arm in front of Seung-Eun protectively.

"S... Sir." Jin-Ho turned around towards the two of them in panick.

"It's okay. It's a given that I will get betrayed because I'm weak."

Jin-Ho finally made his choice as he sided with Jin-Woo and raised his sword at the squad of eight Hunters.

Seeing this, Hwang Dong-Suk also wielded his sword together with his shield. "You three... Have you ever killed a human?"

Without any warning, the magician beside him suddenly sent an attack towards them. Seung-Eun quickly pushed Jin-Woo away and received the blast.

Bam!

The impact was strong enough to knock the victim towards the wall behind them and created a large dent.

Jin-Woo felt as if a cold basin of water was suddenly poured on him.

"S-Seung-Eun?"

"Y-You murderers!" Jin-Ho yelled.

"I didn't expect that he would take the blow instead. Oh, well, now one is down." Hwang Dong-Suk grinned maliciously.

[Warning! Host's health is below 40%!]

Blood rolled down the male's head continuously, tainting the rubbles underneath him and his blonde hair red.

[Warning! Host's health is below 35%!]

Dim golden eyes gazed blankly at the grey ceiling above him.

"..."

"..."

'...activate Emergency Quest: Kill the Enemies.'

[Emergency Quest: Kill the Enemies activated!]

[An emergency quest has been issued!]

[There are entities nearby that intend to murder the 'Player'. Slay them and ensure your safety.]

[If this quest is not completed, a penalty will be issued as a result.]

[Enemies required to kill: 8]

[Enemies killed: 0]

The quest was sent directly to the Player.

"..."

[Warning! Host's health is below 30%!]

'...activate Bleeding Potion.'

Item: Health Potion 5
Item Class: B
Type: Potion
A potion that can seal wounds and stop bleeding instantly. Obtainable from Shop.
- Effect: Stop bleeding.

Seung-Eun shut his eyes briefly and when he opened them back, the windows disappeared from his blurry sight.

Out of nowhere, he was reminded of the life when he still lived in the orphanage. The backyard was wide with short green grasses and various flowers that the other children used to plant. He used to laid there and watch the clouds and birds passed by, sometimes the aeroplane, and then wonder about the future. When there was nothing to do, Se-Yoon would come and ask what he was thinking. It was a serene moment.

Alas, nothing lasts forever.

And, he hated remembering those memories.

"Dongsaeng! Dongsaeng!" It was Jin-Ho's voice that disturbed him from his thoughts. "Your head is bleeding! And-" his gaze moved to the mangled limb and winced.

"Jin-Woo hyung?"

"He's fine... He took care of them." Jin-Ho's were swelled with tears as he said, "Don't worry about the other things! We need to bring you to the hospital first."

'So quick?'

Jin-Ho carefully supported Seung-Eun as the later staggered on his feet. If a normal person was to suffer from the impact earlier, they wouldn't have survived.

Jin-Woo was covered in red blood as he stood near an unconscious body on the ground. The Hunters that threatened them earlier were dead and crimson liquid pooled underneath them. Jin-Ho tried to contain his nauseousness as he avoided looking at the dead people.

"Seung-Eun?!" Jin-Woo hurried to his side, glad and relieved that he was still alive. Seeing the blood on his head, Jin-Woo quickly tore his shirt and tied it around his head to try and stop the bleeding.

It didn't take long for them to leave the Dungeon. When they left the place, there were two black cars that had also just arrived. The person that came out of it was dressed in business suit.

"Se-Yoon hyung..."

"What the hell happened!?"

Se-Yoon dragged his younger brother into the car and drove off, leaving his co-workers and the other Hunters behind. Actually, the reason behind his sudden arrival was because he reviewed the members of the private raid and noticed that Hwang Dong-Suk was in the list, the suspect that had appeared several times behind the cases of dead Hunters inside the Dungeons.

Jin-Woo felt restless and had the urge to go to the hospital, however, he was held back by the people working under the Hunter's Association Department.

'Hopefully, nothing serious happens to him.'

-----

A/n:

Sung Jin-Woo:

Sung Jin-Woo: ...