19. Final Confrontation

warnings: death, blood
we've reached the climax!
y'all just trust me alright, TRUST ME.

You strap on your vest next to the SUV, Spencer doing the same right next to you

You strap on your vest next to the SUV, Spencer doing the same right next to you. You lock eyes with him, giving him a small smile which he returns. You test your wire, making sure everyone can hear you before opening the SUV door, climbing into the backseat. Spencer gets in on the other side, Morgan and Rossi in the front. Your heart feels like its beating out of your own fucking chest, and you grab Spencer's hand to try to calm your jittery nerves. He squeezes softly, and you lock eyes with him.

The storage unit is only a few miles away, so it only takes a few minutes to get to it, the entire drive silent. You inhale deeply as Morgan pulls into the storage unit area; two cars parked close to the units. A few Roanoke PD cop cars are parked in the lot. A chill runs through you, and you exhale slowly as Morgan comes to a stop. You release Spencer's hand, getting out of the SUV, immediately taking your gun out of the holster.

The four of you approach Hotch, and he looks at you.

"Are you ready?"

You nod, trying to keep your voice steady. "Yes."

"Let's go."

The six of you walk through the units until you get to unit 279. Everyone's quiet, the only sound coming from the gravel crunching underneath your shoes. You approach the door but stop dead in your tracks when you look at it.

There's a note.

Send Y/n in. She can have her gun. It's time the three of us have a nice conversation.

You rip the note off the door, turning to Hotch. "They knew we were coming."

Hotch's brow furrows. "How?"

"Maybe we were meant to find the email all along," Prentiss says, glancing between you and Hotch.

"It was a setup from the start." Morgan sighs, lowering his gun.

"I can go in there," you say, looking up at Hotch.

"No, not alone."

"Hotch, I'm armed. I have my vest. I'm wired. First sign of trouble, you guys come inside."

Hotch hesitates a moment, searching your face. "Are you sure?"

You nod. "Positive."

"Fine. But I swear to God, if I think the situation is going to escalate, we're coming in."

"Understood." You turn to Spencer, and he holsters his gun, resting his hand on your cheek. You smile up at him. "I love you."

He shakes his head. "This isn't goodbye, sweetheart."

"Spencer, please say it back," you whisper, looking into his hazel eyes.

He looks like he's fighting back tears, but he rests his forehead against yours. "I love you."